    this? any help greatly appreciated, and how do i resolve this.
    thanks
    , Apr 13, 2006

  2. Rainer Temme Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a cisco router 1600 series. e0 is 10.10.0.1 and e1 is
    > 192.168.1.1. I have a device plugged into e0 which is trying to get an
    > IP address from a dhcp server, when i plug it into the cisco router
    > there is no link light, but if i plug it into a hub a link light
    > appears.

    Jprovoyeur,

    interfaces (as the e0 of your 1600) have MDI wireing (and can therefore
    be connected to switchports with straight cables.

    Hubs, Switches etc, have usually MDI-X wireing, and can therefore
    be connected to interfaces with straight cables.

    To connect two interfaces, you need a crossover-cable.
    (1-3 3-1 2-6 6-2)

    Rainer
    Rainer Temme, Apr 13, 2006