    Thanks
    Kailash

    , Jun 18, 2007

  2. Kailash,

    This sounds like a bug, although I don't recognize it. There are certainly
    some good reasons to upgrade a 1310 from 12.3(8)JA (I'd probably recommend
    12.3(8)JEA1 or 12.4(3g)JA)), such as CSCse00415, CSCsg26708 and CSCsc60665.

    If, after upgrading to recent code, the problem persists, then I would be inclined
    to blame some kind of hardware problem between the 1310 bridge unit's FastEthernet
    and the 4-port switch embedded in the power injector. If the power injector is
    known to be good and the cable is known good, then I think the
    next step would be to replace the 1310. This is an odd one though.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi,
    ~
    ~ I have two 1310 Aironet bridges which worked well for the past 12
    ~ months. Now the line protocol on one of them is suddenly going down
    ~ for no apparent reason.
    ~
    ~ The only remedy at this stage is to turn off and on again the bridge
    ~ to get the line protocol to UP again - a reload won't change
    ~ anything.
    ~
    ~ Anyone ever experience such a problem? Note that System image file is
    ~ "flash:/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA. The bridge is
    ~ available in both telnet/http via the other bridge (it doesn't lose
    ~ the association) but seems to have cut off all connection on its
    ~ fastEthernet port:
    ~ FastEthernet0 is up, line protocol is down
    ~ Hardware is PowerPCElvis Ethernet, address....
    ~
    ~ Any idea? I changed the power injector (this is where the ethernet
    ~ port is located) with no success. Would it be the 1310 bridge itself
    ~ which is faulty or a bug?
    ~
    ~ Thanks
    ~ Kailash