Cisco 12416 Router... price?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ghjtfd, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. ghjtfd

    ghjtfd Guest

    ghjtfd, Dec 6, 2003

  2. ghjtfd

    nrf Guest

    Depends on your discount and on the interfaces you get. The most expensive
    part of any network gear tends to be the interfaces. But I would say that
    fully stocked with interfaces, it will cost you anywhere from half a million
    to 2 million.

    Note, this is pretty cheap as far as core routers go. Another vendor that
    comes to mind will charge you a whole lot more. Granted, they would sell
    you a much better router than Cisco ever could.

    nrf, Dec 7, 2003

  3. In article <09xAb.447245$Tr4.1250094@attbi_s03>,
    nrf <> wrote:
    :Depends on your discount and on the interfaces you get. The most expensive
    :part of any network gear tends to be the interfaces. But I would say that
    :fully stocked with interfaces, it will cost you anywhere from half a million
    :to 2 million.

    Checking around, the chassis starts at less than $100K street.

    The Cisco part number is GSR16/320-AC for the version with the triple
    AC power supply. You can google for prices. Here's one site
    that lists them explicitly:

    http://www.mnjtech.com/scripts/site/site.category/id/1406
    --
    Look out, there are llamas!

    Walter Roberson, Dec 7, 2003
  4. ghjtfd

    nrf Guest

    > In article <09xAb.447245$Tr4.1250094@attbi_s03>,
    > nrf <> wrote:
    > :Depends on your discount and on the interfaces you get. The most

    expensive
    > :part of any network gear tends to be the interfaces. But I would say that
    > :fully stocked with interfaces, it will cost you anywhere from half a

    million
    > :to 2 million.
    >
    > Checking around, the chassis starts at less than $100K street.
    >
    > The Cisco part number is GSR16/320-AC for the version with the triple
    > AC power supply. You can google for prices. Here's one site
    > that lists them explicitly:
    >
    > http://www.mnjtech.com/scripts/site/site.category/id/1406

    Like I said, the chassis represents a tiny portion of the costs. It's the
    interfaces that kill ya'.

    nrf, Dec 7, 2003
  5. ghjtfd

    nrf Guest

    > In article <09xAb.447245$Tr4.1250094@attbi_s03>,
    > nrf <> wrote:
    > :Depends on your discount and on the interfaces you get. The most

    expensive
    > :part of any network gear tends to be the interfaces. But I would say that
    > :fully stocked with interfaces, it will cost you anywhere from half a

    million
    > :to 2 million.
    >
    > Checking around, the chassis starts at less than $100K street.
    >
    > The Cisco part number is GSR16/320-AC for the version with the triple
    > AC power supply. You can google for prices. Here's one site
    > that lists them explicitly:
    >
    > http://www.mnjtech.com/scripts/site/site.category/id/1406

    By the way, $100,000 is a horrible price for that chassis. An ISP who has a
    purchasing department with any pull at all should be able to get one of
    these chassis brand-new for 90k at most. If you don't believe me, contact
    your local silver/gold reseller and ask for a quote.

    nrf, Dec 7, 2003
  6. ghjtfd

    Martin Snell Guest

    Below is an excerpt from the Official Cisco Price list, you will see it
    actually retails at 130k, but yes you are correct we can make substantial
    savings on that for customers on both the chasis and required cards:

    GSR16/320-AC Cisco 12416 320 Gbps; 1GRP, 2CSC, 3SFC, 2Alarm, 3AC,
    8Rails B $130,000
    GSR16/320-AC4 Same As GSR16/320-AC-8R But W/ 4 AC And Requires 8 Foot
    Rack B $137,500
    GSR16/320-DC Cisco 12416 320 Gbps; 1GRP, 2CSC, 3SFC, 2Alarm, 4DC,
    8Rails B $130,000

    Martin Snell

    Martin Snell, Dec 7, 2003
  7. ghjtfd

    nrf Guest

    Anybody who buys any networking gear at list price is too stupid to live.
    30 points is the absolute bare minimum discount you should get from the
    channel.

    nrf, Dec 7, 2003
  8. ghjtfd

    TownDummy Guest

    That was postive.

    TownDummy, Dec 7, 2003
  9. ghjtfd

    nrf Guest

    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was supposed to be a group-hug session.

    nrf, Dec 8, 2003