    fixes all the problems for a few weeks.

    Thanks.

    , Dec 19, 2005

  2. Merv Guest

    Make sure you are not using IOS version 12.3(7)JA as it is defferred

    Please post a show version from one of the problematic APs

    Merv, Dec 20, 2005

  3. Uli Link Guest

    schrieb:

    > The subject line sums it up. We have several APs that loose ethernet
    > connectivity. However, CDP on the connected switch shows the AP. When I
    > console into the AP. The CDP does not show the connected swtich.
    > Ethernet link is ok. I can see clients associate, however, they never
    > authenticate because they can't get to the Radius server. It looks like
    > on the AP that layer 3 connectivity is gone. Has anyone seen this
    > issue. We have several APs this has affected. Fortunately, a reboot
    > fixes all the problems for a few weeks.

    Don't use IOS 12.3(7)JA.
    You may soon run out of processor memory. (7)JA2 is much better, if you
    need 12.3(7)JA features. Else get 12.3(4)JA1 or 12.3(2)JA5.

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, Dec 20, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks everyone. It looks like we are going to flash with 12.3(7)JA1
    until TAC gives us a more definitive answer on what's going on. The
    WLSE makes the upgrades a relatively painless process. It's pointing
    toward a memory issue and processor memory could likely be the issue.
    We are scheduled to be on-site tomorrow and followup with TAC from
    there.

    k8...

    , Dec 26, 2005
  5. Merv Guest

    to check for memory leaks check for the amount of free memory over time

    Merv, Dec 26, 2005
  6. Guest

    Cisco discovered that the problem is actually a bug. The input queue
    on the Fast Ethernet interface is filling up due to packets getting
    stuck in the queue. Once this happens there are no available input
    queues to handling incoming packets and the packets are dropped. Cisco
    was able to increase the input queues which again allowed the interface
    to begin processing packets. However, this fix will only prolong the
    time it take for the input queue to fill up. Cisco is working on this
    issue in their lab to determine what type of packet is causing this
    problem. We should have an answer within the next couple of days.

    k8

    , Dec 29, 2005