    3560-PWR, but it isn't in the budget.

    Can anybody offer any first hand experience to clarify the issue?

    -=Andy
    Andrew Albert, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Lucked onto a page, that answered my own question (Basically no
    802.3af support on the 1121 AP ...... 1130AG, yes).

    -=Andy

    http://www.edimax.com/html/english/products/PRI682.htm

    "Most Cisco Aironet access points use inline PoE from power injectors
    or Cisco powered EtherSwitches, but the Cisco Aironet 350, 1100, and
    1200 series access points do not directly support IEEE 802.3af power
    sources. These access points were designed before the IEEE 802.3af
    power standard was ratified and must use third party products such as
    PowerDsine to support IEEE 802.3af power sources.

    PowerDsine offers midspan power products that allow customers to
    deploy a combination of
    IEEE 802.3af powered devices and non-IEEE 802.3af powered devices such
    as the Cisco Aironet 1120 and 1121 access points and the Cisco Aironet
    350 and 1200 series access points.

    PowerDsine's 6006 and 6012 Inline Power Midspan (residing between the
    Ethernet switch and the access point) supplies power to the access
    point using unused pairs of wires within the Category 5 cable. This is
    similar to the capacitive power detection method used by Cisco Aironet
    power injectors, but the power polarity is reversed. The PowerDsine
    products apply a positive voltage on pairs 4 and 5 and a negative
    voltage on pairs 7 and 8. Cisco Aironet power injectors apply a
    positive voltage on pairs 7 and 8 and a negative voltage on pairs 4
    and 5.

    PowerDsine 6006 and 6012 products comply with the IEEE 802.3af
    standard, but also supports a second detection method. These products
    first attempt to detect powered devices using the IEEE 802.3af
    resistive power detection method, then if a powered device is not
    detected, they switch to capacitive power detection mode. When using
    capacitive power detection, these products can successfully power
    Cisco access points provided the power pins are switched to the
    correct polarity. The polarity reversal is accomplished using a
    PowerDsine adapter cable referred to as a prestandard passive
    splitter.

    Figure 1 shows the PowerDsine Midspan hub and the prestandard passive
    splitter. "
    Andrew Albert, Mar 31, 2005