    Any one experiencing similar problem?

    Thanks,

    John

    John Strow, Nov 9, 2004

  2. I have seen another case where T40's would get blue screens
    with the builtin cards. A blue screen is ALWAYS a PC bug,
    so it sounds like this is either an IBM or Microsoft bug.
    Given that you don't have the problem with other wireless
    cards in the same T40s [?], I think you need to pursue
    this with IBM support. From the description below, it sounds
    like you're talking to the wrong people at IBM and should escalate.

    Good luck,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ This problem only happens with IBM wireless cards on T40p's, usually happens
    ~ in places where there more than one AP available, and it is bouncing between
    ~ them. Will produce bad_pool_caller error blue screen, which usually points
    ~ to bad driver. The Cisco or Intel cards have never had the problem. The
    ~ firmware and software have all been updated on the AP's. Seems to come and
    ~ go. Doesn't matter what IBM driver, T40 bios version, Windows level,
    ~ anything we can put a finger on. The IBM engineers didn't know either; they
    ~ wanted to have it 100% re-produce able before they would look at it. We
    ~ thought it was the XP zero configuration wireless service running, stopping
    ~ it didn't seem to help.
    ~

    Aaron Leonard, Nov 10, 2004