cisc 4235 IDS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by imran, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. imran

    imran Guest

    Hi all

    I have a question regarding the IDS 4235
    we want to purchase the Cisco IDs 4235 with 4FE

    Here is the purposed scenerio of our network

    Internet
    !
    !

    PIX Firewall
    !
    1backbone switches connected to LAN -------!
    1backbone switches connected to LAN --------!
    1backbone switches connected to LAN -------!----- 4235 IDS With 4 FE
    1backbone switches connected to LAN -------!
    !
    !
    Desktop Switches connected to Backbone switches

    Backbone switches are connected with each other with gigabit link.

    and Max data transfer is 80 mbps on each switch

    80*4 =320 Mb

    I have a few questions now

    4235 IDs has throughput of 250 Mbps if i put this IDS what happened to
    network.

    Or e have to put IDS with gigabit Throughput.

    Please help me in this way.
    Waiting response from the experts
    Thanks
    imran, Oct 16, 2003