    polarizer?
    Thanks,

    Nick L
    Nick Lamendola, Jul 24, 2004

  2. "Nick Lamendola" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Can any one tell me how to tell a circular polarizer from a linear
    > polarizer?
    > Thanks,

    Look through them at their image in a mirror, and flip them over as
    you do so. The linear polarizer will not change. The circular polarizer
    image in the mirror will become much darker when the threaded (camera) side
    is towards you.

    - Al.

    --
    To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain
    Al Denelsbeck, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Nick Lamendola

    G.T. Guest

    Nick Lamendola wrote:

    > Can any one tell me how to tell a circular polarizer from a linear
    > polarizer?
    > Thanks,

    Google is your friend. This was just discussed to death here a month ago.

    Greg
    --
    Destroy your safe and happy lives
    Before it is too late
    G.T., Jul 24, 2004
  4. Good idea, I should have done that first. Will remeber to check there first
    next time.
    -Nick

    Nick Lamendola, Jul 24, 2004
  5. Nick Lamendola

    Alan D Guest

    Make sure you close the other eye while doing this. If you leave both eyes
    open, you may get fooled into not seeing the difference. Whichever eye you
    hold the filter in front of, close the other eye.

    Alan D.

    Alan D, Jul 25, 2004