    For the exact same product? BestBuy generally has a slightly better return
    policy. if you don't like the product or it is defective. With regard to
    price, you just have to compare each product individually.

    Mark A, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Mark A

    Banjopikr1 Guest

    >Which is better?

    In house buying, its a toss up.
    Internet buying, do you prefer mumps or measles?

    Banjopikr1, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Mark A

    Harvey Guest

    <> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
    > Which is better?

    Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

    Harvey, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Mark A

    Rick Guest

    "Harvey" <> wrote in message news:JTjUb.175$...

    > <> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
    > > Which is better?

    > Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

    I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
    in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

    Rick

    Rick, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Mark A

    Frank ess Guest

    Rick wrote:
    > "Harvey" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Which is better?

    >> Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

    > I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
    > in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

    I ordered a disk player/recorder from Best Buy online. When they charged me
    at pickup, it was 30% less than listed on the order form. No one tried to
    sell me extended warranties.

    Couple years ago I walked in to that same store and bought a computer. There
    were about $250 in rebates attached to it. They printed a rebate form and
    separate receipt for each of the four or five rebates. They didn't give me
    envelopes or stamps, or fill out the forms, but within a month or so I had
    deposited the checks, and the computer was selling for the same price with
    no rebates.

    Works for me.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Just a local opinion, but I found, in general here in Tucson, the sales
    people at CC are superior, both in quantity and quality. I look at BB as
    somehing like the Wal-Mart of electronics. Also, CC treated me very well on
    a major return. Obviously, this is hardly a national sampling, but CC has
    my vote.

    Dick Frederick, Feb 5, 2004
  7. Mark A

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    I would never buy anything from a crap operation like Best Buy - however
    I've prtty much stopped buying from Circuit City too.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 5, 2004
  8. Mark A

    Donald Link Guest

    Personally I like Wendys.

    Donald Link, Feb 5, 2004
  9. Mark A

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > "Harvey" <> wrote in message news:JTjUb.175$...
    >
    >><> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
    >>
    >>>Which is better?

    >>Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

    > I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
    > in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.
    >
    > Rick

    ?? Both use rebates.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 5, 2004
  10. Mark A

    Mark A Guest

    > > Which is better?
    >
    > Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

    You must have "sucker" written all over your face. I just politely say no,
    and they ring it up. They don't work on commission at BestBuy.

    If that bothers you, wait until you try to buy a new car someday.

    Mark A, Feb 5, 2004
  11. Mark A

    Mark A Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > > I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
    > > in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.
    > >
    > > Rick

    > ?? Both use rebates.

    Yes they both use rebates. That was a ridiculous comment by the person
    above. Not only do they both use rebates, but the use the same company to
    process the rebates.

    Mark A, Feb 5, 2004
  12. Mark A

    Mark A Guest

    "Dick Frederick" <> wrote in message
    > Just a local opinion, but I found, in general here in Tucson, the sales
    > people at CC are superior, both in quantity and quality. I look at BB as
    > somehing like the Wal-Mart of electronics. Also, CC treated me very well

    on
    > a major return. Obviously, this is hardly a national sampling, but CC has
    > my vote.

    It is true that CC salespeople are probably more knowledgeable since they
    are on commission (unlike BestBuy). But I don't rely on salesman very often
    to help me decide what I want.

    BestBuy has a very liberal return policy.

    Mark A, Feb 5, 2004
  13. Mark A

    Rick Guest

    <> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
    > Which is better?

    If you by chance have a dedicated camera shop in your area give them a
    chance, it may cost a bit more but the knowledge and service could easily
    outweigh the savings, so stop in and check out what they have to offer and
    don't be afraid to ask questions and then weigh it out for yourself.

    Rick Q

    Rick, Feb 5, 2004
  14. Mark A

    Rick Guest

    "Mark A" <> wrote in message news:KYnUb.112$...
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > > > I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
    > > > in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.
    > > >
    > > > Rick

    > > ?? Both use rebates.

    > Yes they both use rebates. That was a ridiculous comment by the person
    > above. Not only do they both use rebates, but the use the same company to
    > process the rebates.

    Hey dumbass, try reading for comprehension next time. I never
    claimed BB or CC didn't use rebates, I said CC uses them less
    than BB. Anyone who's ever done business with both stores
    knows this is true.

    Rick

    Rick, Feb 5, 2004
  15. Re: Apple Pie vs Cherry Pie

    Which is better?

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Feb 5, 2004
  16. Mark A

    Mark A Guest

    > > > ?? Both use rebates.

    > > Yes they both use rebates. That was a ridiculous comment by the person
    > > above. Not only do they both use rebates, but the use the same company

    > > process the rebates.

    > Hey dumbass, try reading for comprehension next time. I never
    > claimed BB or CC didn't use rebates, I said CC uses them less
    > than BB. Anyone who's ever done business with both stores
    > knows this is true.
    >
    > Rick

    So you would rather pay a price at CC without a rebate, than use a rebate at
    CC? Suit yourself.

    BTW, I recently bought a computer case at CC with a $40 rebate. BestBuy had
    the same $40 rebate, but they also had the item on sale for $10 cheaper than
    CC. Unfortunately BB was out of stock.

    Obviously, I would prefer to purchase with an instant rebate or at a store
    that offered discount prices without any rebate. But it is hard to beat the
    BB net price when they offer rebates.

    Mark A, Feb 5, 2004
  17. Mark A

    Adam M Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 02:25:27 -0700, "Mark A" <>
    wrote:

    >"Dick Frederick" <> wrote in message
    >> Just a local opinion, but I found, in general here in Tucson, the sales
    >> people at CC are superior, both in quantity and quality. I look at BB as
    >> somehing like the Wal-Mart of electronics. Also, CC treated me very well

    >on
    >> a major return. Obviously, this is hardly a national sampling, but CC has
    >> my vote.
    >>

    >It is true that CC salespeople are probably more knowledgeable since they
    >are on commission (unlike BestBuy). But I don't rely on salesman very often
    >to help me decide what I want.
    >
    >BestBuy has a very liberal return policy.

    I have found Circuit City's Return Policy far better than Best Buy's.
    I just depends on the problem I guess.

    Here in MO I have a much more pleasant shopping experience at CC.
    I've purchased a Laptop, a TV and a very nice home theater setup
    (Onkyo - Polk Audio) at CC in the last 2 years. I tried to buy the TV
    at BB but couldn't get any assistance. I knew exactly what I wanted,
    I just needed someone to get it for me... 1 1/2 later I went to CC and
    was out the door with a TV in under 1/2 an hour.

    Now my Brother-in-Law in CA says he wouldn't shop at CC ever and BB is
    his favorite...

    Adam M

    Adam M, Feb 5, 2004
  18. Mark A

    Mark A Guest

    > >BestBuy has a very liberal return policy.
    > >

    > I have found Circuit City's Return Policy far better than Best Buy's.
    > I just depends on the problem I guess.
    >
    > Here in MO I have a much more pleasant shopping experience at CC.
    > I've purchased a Laptop, a TV and a very nice home theater setup
    > (Onkyo - Polk Audio) at CC in the last 2 years. I tried to buy the TV
    > at BB but couldn't get any assistance. I knew exactly what I wanted,
    > I just needed someone to get it for me... 1 1/2 later I went to CC and
    > was out the door with a TV in under 1/2 an hour.
    >
    > Now my Brother-in-Law in CA says he wouldn't shop at CC ever and BB is
    > his favorite...
    >
    > Adam M

    BestBuy staff are not on commission, so service can be slow. If you can get
    past that, the prices and return policy are good.

    About 6 years ago, a friend of mine took a high end DVD player back to
    BestBuy for refund. He had no receipt and actually did not even purchase the
    item at any BestBuy (but he told them that he did). He convinced them refund
    his money even though that product was not in their product inventory. He
    told them it costs $1200 and they took his word for it. I am not saying that
    their current return policy is that loose, but it is still probably the best
    in the retail business.

    I just shop at which ever has the lowest price on the item I want. Maybe
    some of you might get better service if you shaved and took a shower once in
    awhile. Since I am a bit more "mature" maybe the BB sales people pay more
    attention to me.

    Another thing I do is to purchase on-line for in-store pickup and the item
    is ready and waiting for me at the customer pickup desk.

    Mark A, Feb 5, 2004
  19. Mark A

    The Wogster Guest

    wrote:
    > Which is better?

    considering that your domain is Russian, I wonder if you really care? I
    don't know about Circuit City, we do have Best Buy here in Canada, but
    they are fairly new.... It's a funny situation though, they bought a
    Canadian company called Futureshop which is in the same market, then
    build BestBuy stores in the same areas. It's funny when you see
    companies competing with themselves, it's like a snake eating it's own
    tail.

    The only thing I ever bought in either BestBuy or Futuresho[ is a mouse,
    some blank CD-Rs and a boxed Linux once, before I got high-speed.

    Such stores are typically too generic to be useful, if your not quite
    sure what your looking for. The staff typically are underpaid and about
    as clued-in as Paris Hilton milking a cow :) For photographic stuff,
    I would rather deal with a photography company, if it's important then
    either Henrys or Downtown Camera (both here in Toronto, ON), if it's
    something like film, then Blacks is usually OK......

    If you walk in and you want a GeeWhiz model XG235L SuperDuper, because
    you already investigated the death out of it, then BestBuy/Circuit City
    are probably okay, as long as you can recognize it sitting on the shelf,
    because the sales guys usually, well see the comment above about Paris
    Hilton.

    The Wogster, Feb 5, 2004
  20. Mark A

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Mark A wrote:
    >>>Which is better?

    >>Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

    > You must have "sucker" written all over your face. I just politely say no,
    > and they ring it up. They don't work on commission at BestBuy.
    >
    > If that bothers you, wait until you try to buy a new car someday.

    My only complaint at BB when we bought my wife's new computer was that
    the guy tried to warn me about getting a worm before I installed my
    firewall program. Not bad advice, but he took me for a clueless person,
    even though I told him that I was very experienced in the field. I
    suppose he meant well, though.
    I did notice that MS had stopped shipping the SQL service IIS turned on
    on WinXP Home, at least.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 5, 2004