    Circuit city already got the money according to my bank for the online
    sales, Circuit city tells me I will get my money back in 2 to 7 days
    for the online cancellation.

    Gerald Newton, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Gerald Newton

    Tarkus Guest

    Gerald Newton wrote:
    > I bought a notebook sony yesterdaay online for $1378 total for my
    > daughter in New Jersey. When she went to the store to pick it up they
    > would not give it to her. I called their sales office and got someone
    > in Manila that could hardly speak english. They said it was up to the
    > store. The store damanded to see the credit card. I told them I live
    > in Alaska and that would be difficult to do. I had to cancel the
    > order and wire the money down and that cost $99 via western union.
    > Circuit city already got the money according to my bank for the online
    > sales, Circuit city tells me I will get my money back in 2 to 7 days
    > for the online cancellation.

    Perhaps you should have paid better attention to your transaction. I've
    used their in-store pickup before, and they're very clear that you need
    the order number, your credit card used, and a driver's license or other
    ID when you pick it up. It's the same way at Best Buy. You should
    have just had it shipped to her address.

    Your "rip off" is another person's "protection against credit card fraud."

    Tarkus, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Gerald Newton

    Guest

    Tarkus wrote:

    > Gerald Newton wrote:
    > > I bought a notebook sony yesterdaay online for $1378 total for my
    > > daughter in New Jersey. When she went to the store to pick it up they
    > > would not give it to her. I called their sales office and got someone
    > > in Manila that could hardly speak english. They said it was up to the
    > > store. The store damanded to see the credit card. I told them I live
    > > in Alaska and that would be difficult to do. I had to cancel the
    > > order and wire the money down and that cost $99 via western union.
    > > Circuit city already got the money according to my bank for the online
    > > sales, Circuit city tells me I will get my money back in 2 to 7 days
    > > for the online cancellation.

    > Perhaps you should have paid better attention to your transaction. I've
    > used their in-store pickup before, and they're very clear that you need
    > the order number, your credit card used, and a driver's license or other
    > ID when you pick it up. It's the same way at Best Buy. You should
    > have just had it shipped to her address.
    >
    > Your "rip off" is another person's "protection against credit card fraud."

    Best Buy has the same policy, but it is not mentioned until after you
    pay for the item.

    , Dec 15, 2007
  4. Gerald Newton

    Tarkus Guest

    wrote:
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >> Gerald Newton wrote:
    >>> I bought a notebook sony yesterdaay online for $1378 total for my
    >>> daughter in New Jersey. When she went to the store to pick it up they
    >>> would not give it to her. I called their sales office and got someone
    >>> in Manila that could hardly speak english. They said it was up to the
    >>> store. The store damanded to see the credit card. I told them I live
    >>> in Alaska and that would be difficult to do. I had to cancel the
    >>> order and wire the money down and that cost $99 via western union.
    >>> Circuit city already got the money according to my bank for the online
    >>> sales, Circuit city tells me I will get my money back in 2 to 7 days
    >>> for the online cancellation.

    >> Perhaps you should have paid better attention to your transaction. I've
    >> used their in-store pickup before, and they're very clear that you need
    >> the order number, your credit card used, and a driver's license or other
    >> ID when you pick it up. It's the same way at Best Buy. You should
    >> have just had it shipped to her address.
    >>
    >> Your "rip off" is another person's "protection against credit card fraud."

    > Best Buy has the same policy, but it is not mentioned until after you
    > pay for the item.

    I don't think they actually charge you until you pick it up, though.

    I recently bought a $14 cable from them. They have a policy that if
    it's not in your hands within 1 minute of giving them all documents and
    having them entered into the computer, you get a $10 discount (up to the
    price of the item, if less). They had to go find my cable, so it ended
    up costing me $4, and the charge was made there; they didn't have to
    credit my card, because it hadn't yet been charged.

    Also, if you don't pick up within a week, your order is automatically
    canceled.

    Tarkus, Dec 15, 2007
  5. Gerald Newton

    Jerry Guest

    "Gerald Newton" <> wrote in message
    >I bought a notebook sony yesterdaay online for $1378 total for my
    > daughter in New Jersey. When she went to the store to pick it up they
    > would not give it to her. I called their sales office and got someone
    > in Manila that could hardly speak english. They said it was up to the
    > store. The store damanded to see the credit card. I told them I live
    > in Alaska and that would be difficult to do. I had to cancel the
    > order and wire the money down and that cost $99 via western union.
    > Circuit city already got the money according to my bank for the online
    > sales, Circuit city tells me I will get my money back in 2 to 7 days
    > for the online cancellation.

    I don't think it's a rip off at all, I would look in the mirror for the
    blame. You live in Alaska, your daughter is in New Jersey, why did you not
    check the stores policy concerning the transaction before hand.

    Jerry, Dec 16, 2007
  6. Gerald Newton

    Mark B. Guest

    >I bought a notebook sony yesterdaay online for $1378 total for my
    > daughter in New Jersey. When she went to the store to pick it up they
    > would not give it to her. I called their sales office and got someone
    > in Manila that could hardly speak english. They said it was up to the
    > store. The store damanded to see the credit card. I told them I live
    > in Alaska and that would be difficult to do. I had to cancel the
    > order and wire the money down and that cost $99 via western union.
    > Circuit city already got the money according to my bank for the online
    > sales, Circuit city tells me I will get my money back in 2 to 7 days
    > for the online cancellation.

    I've done store pickup for CC as well, and I'm certain they tell you the
    credit card used for the purchase is required when you pick up the order.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 16, 2007