    Also will my timing affect it? I was thinking that if I change before
    telecom moves me onto some overpriced surf plan, I might not be charged?

    TIA

    David, Nov 27, 2004

  2. David

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:06:23 +1300, David wrote:

    > I am currently on xtra Jetstart (128/128) but I am planning to move to
    > orcon bitstream. Will I be charged that rediculous churn fee for this?

    Yep, unless Pigs satrt flying very soon.

    > Also will my timing affect it?

    Could do, as in you die before the bill arrives ;-)

    > I was thinking that if I change before
    > telecom moves me onto some overpriced surf plan, I might not be charged?

    Remember this is Telecom we are talking about. Now after a wee bit of
    thought and study of how this company has acted in the recent past, you
    might like to rephase your post. ;-(

    Gordon, Nov 27, 2004

  3. David

    Craig Shore Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I am currently on xtra Jetstart (128/128) but I am planning to move to
    >orcon bitstream. Will I be charged that rediculous churn fee for this?

    Do you have one? I think you only have it if you got the free install etc
    recently.

    Craig Shore, Nov 27, 2004
  4. Its not the Churn fee that people are getting charged, but the "early end of
    contract fee".
    Alot of people when they got a connection via jetstream went for the "free
    connection" and a month free (even some people who never asked for it) so
    when the customers are moving from jetstream->UBS Telecom will charge them a
    early disconnection fee

    Thanks
    Craig

    "David" <> wrote in
    message news:RwPpd.11898$...

    Craig Whitmore, Nov 27, 2004
  5. David

    David Guest

    Craig Whitmore wrote:
    > Its not the Churn fee that people are getting charged, but the "early end of
    > contract fee".
    > Alot of people when they got a connection via jetstream went for the "free
    > connection" and a month free (even some people who never asked for it) so
    > when the customers are moving from jetstream->UBS Telecom will charge them a
    > early disconnection fee
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig
    >

    > "David" <> wrote in
    > message news:RwPpd.11898$...
    >
    >>I am currently on xtra Jetstart (128/128) but I am planning to move to
    >>orcon bitstream. Will I be charged that rediculous churn fee for this?
    >>Also will my timing affect it? I was thinking that if I change before
    >>telecom moves me onto some overpriced surf plan, I might not be charged?
    >>
    >>TIA

    Ah, so the churn fee only applies when switching between UBS providers?
    I have had my jetstart for years, so whatever free connection/usage deal
    I got at the start has long ended. (I think my connection setup was
    free, I can't remember)

    David, Nov 27, 2004
  6. On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:01:46 +1300, David wrote:

    > Craig Whitmore wrote:
    >> Its not the Churn fee that people are getting charged, but the "early end of
    >> contract fee".
    >> Alot of people when they got a connection via jetstream went for the "free
    >> connection" and a month free (even some people who never asked for it) so
    >> when the customers are moving from jetstream->UBS Telecom will charge them a
    >> early disconnection fee
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Craig
    >>

    >> "David" <> wrote in
    >> message news:RwPpd.11898$...
    >>
    >>>I am currently on xtra Jetstart (128/128) but I am planning to move to
    >>>orcon bitstream. Will I be charged that rediculous churn fee for this?
    >>>Also will my timing affect it? I was thinking that if I change before
    >>>telecom moves me onto some overpriced surf plan, I might not be charged?
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>

    > Ah, so the churn fee only applies when switching between UBS providers?
    > I have had my jetstart for years, so whatever free connection/usage deal
    > I got at the start has long ended. (I think my connection setup was
    > free, I can't remember)

    My xtra conection was free and an early disconnect fee of approx $50 would
    apply for the first six months. I think that the UBS providers are wearing
    the churn fee.

    Strangely enough I mysteriously got a charge of $114 for Telecom IP
    services (plus the regular monthly IP services charge) but then got a
    "Reversal of I-UBS Churn Credit" also at $114 on the same bill.

    Moved to Orcon UBS from using Orcon Jetsurf.

    wogers nemesis, Nov 27, 2004
  7. > Strangely enough I mysteriously got a charge of $114 for Telecom IP
    > services (plus the regular monthly IP services charge) but then got a
    > "Reversal of I-UBS Churn Credit" also at $114 on the same bill.

    This "Churn" fee , a very small amount of people got, was a "Mistake" on
    Telecom's End (the reason it was Reversed)

    Craig Whitmore, Nov 27, 2004
  8. David

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:12:58 +1300, Craig Whitmore wrote:

    >> Strangely enough I mysteriously got a charge of $114 for Telecom IP
    >> services (plus the regular monthly IP services charge) but then got a
    >> "Reversal of I-UBS Churn Credit" also at $114 on the same bill.

    > This "Churn" fee , a very small amount of people got, was a "Mistake" on
    > Telecom's End (the reason it was Reversed)
    >

    >> Moved to Orcon UBS from using Orcon Jetsurf.

    TRANSFER OF EXISTING ACCOUNT FEE

    * Telecom charges these fees to complete the transfer between BitStream
    and JetStream on their network.
    * This fee will apply to transfers from Orcon BitStream to Telecom
    JetStream and from any JetStream connection to Orcon BitStream
    * Transfer fees from an Orcon JetStream service to BitStream will be
    waived until 30th November 2004.

    http://orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/prices/#whichplan

    -[Myth]-, Nov 28, 2004