    different menu layouts, is there some functional significance to the opening
    "Convert" or "Fight" menu? I found the Easter eggs, but they're the same on
    either choice.

    Del March, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Del March

    kaydigi Guest

    "Del March" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I rented this, so it didn't come with a box or explanation. Besides
    >sending to
    > different menu layouts, is there some functional significance to the
    > opening
    > "Convert" or "Fight" menu? I found the Easter eggs, but they're the same
    > on
    > either choice.

    No, i was googling like a madman wondering the same thing.

    kaydigi, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Del March

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > I rented this, so it didn't come with a box or explanation. Besides
    > sending to different menu layouts, is there some functional
    > significance to the opening "Convert" or "Fight" menu? I found the
    > Easter eggs, but they're the same on either choice.

    I think that "Convert" is the theatrical release and "Fight" is the
    director's cut.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Del March

    jjmoreta Guest

    Del March wrote on 1/5/2005 2:04 AM:
    > I rented this, so it didn't come with a box or explanation. Besides sending to
    > different menu layouts, is there some functional significance to the opening
    > "Convert" or "Fight" menu? I found the Easter eggs, but they're the same on
    > either choice.

    It's my understanding that this was simply a choice about how you wanted
    your menus to look (Convert = Necromonger style, Fight = Riddick style).
    I googled this and the review consensus agrees with me.

    I seem to remember at least one other DVD I've seen that was similar in
    this menu design, although the title doesn't come to mind.

    jjmoreta, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Del March

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "jjmoreta" <> wrote in message
    > Del March wrote on 1/5/2005 2:04 AM:
    >> I rented this, so it didn't come with a box or explanation. Besides
    >> sending to
    >> different menu layouts, is there some functional significance to the
    >> opening
    >> "Convert" or "Fight" menu? I found the Easter eggs, but they're the
    >> same on
    >> either choice.

    > It's my understanding that this was simply a choice about how you
    > wanted your menus to look (Convert = Necromonger style, Fight =
    > Riddick style). I googled this and the review consensus agrees with
    > me.
    >
    > I seem to remember at least one other DVD I've seen that was similar
    > in this menu design, although the title doesn't come to mind.

    Attack of the Clones has different menu "themes" that come up randomly
    each time you put in the disc.

    Joshua Zyber, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Del March

    ChrisK Guest

    > I seem to remember at least one other DVD I've seen that was similar in
    > this menu design, although the title doesn't come to mind.

    What Dreams May Come had "Heaven" and "Hell" themed menus...

    ChrisK, Jan 6, 2005
  7. Del March

    Biz Guest

    "ChrisK" <> wrote in message
    > > I seem to remember at least one other DVD I've seen that was similar in
    > > this menu design, although the title doesn't come to mind.

    > What Dreams May Come had "Heaven" and "Hell" themed menus...

    I had a crappy player back then, it always gave me hell til I replaced
    it.....DOH!!!

    Biz, Jan 6, 2005
  8. Del March

    GMAN Guest

    In article <crhmh5$tpj$>, "FAQmeister" <> wrote:
    >"Del March" <> wrote in message
    >> I rented this, so it didn't come with a box or explanation. Besides
    >> sending to different menu layouts, is there some functional
    >> significance to the opening "Convert" or "Fight" menu? I found the
    >> Easter eggs, but they're the same on either choice.

    >I think that "Convert" is the theatrical release and "Fight" is the
    >director's cut.

    Yes, that is correct.

    GMAN, Jan 6, 2005
  9. Del March

    SRT Guest

    "FAQmeister" <> wrote in message
    > "Del March" <> wrote in message
    >> I rented this, so it didn't come with a box or explanation. Besides
    >> sending to different menu layouts, is there some functional
    >> significance to the opening "Convert" or "Fight" menu? I found the
    >> Easter eggs, but they're the same on either choice.

    > I think that "Convert" is the theatrical release and "Fight" is the
    > director's cut.
    > --
    > Buford T. Justice
    > The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    > http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html

    Both menus play the same identical version on the "Unrated Director's Cut"
    DVD.

    srt

    SRT, Jan 8, 2005
  10. Del March

    RobsSanta Guest

    The only difference between "Convert" or "Fight " is the animated menu

    Rob

    RobsSanta, Jan 8, 2005