    Looking to change to a better browser, is Chrome the way to go?

    Thanks
    Katherine

    jones, Sep 4, 2010

  2. jones

    jones Guest

    >> jones wrote:
    >> Looking to change to a better browser, is Chrome the way to go?

    > Well, an informed answer would be best served by knowing what you're
    > currently using, what you don't like about it, and what features you're
    > specifically looking for in a new browser. My crystal ball's batteries
    > died last week.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullen
    > http://edmullen.net/
    > Chastity is curable if detected early.

    Sorry Ed :)

    I have Firefox 3.6.8 (after changing from IE quite some time ago) and XP
    Home.

    Just curious to see if Chrome is a natural progression from Firefox, which I
    still like, and what do others find better in Chrome that wasn't in Firefox?

    Thanks for your interest
    Katherine

    jones, Sep 6, 2010

  3. jones

    jones Guest

    > Here's one article comparing the top browsers:
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/article/200963/browser_blowout_2010.html
    >
    > I use SeaMonkey 2 (and Firefox 3 sometimes). I also have Safari, Opera
    > and IE8. I've tried Chrome and it is very fast. I still prefer the
    > Mozilla-based browsers.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullen
    > http://edmullen.net/
    > Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Say a
    > bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

    Thank you Ed, interesting article. I really like your words under your
    signature :)

    Katherine

    jones, Sep 7, 2010
  4. jones

    jones Guest

    Re: Chrome2

    > Here's one article comparing the top browsers:
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/article/200963/browser_blowout_2010.html
    >
    > I use SeaMonkey 2 (and Firefox 3 sometimes). I also have Safari, Opera
    > and IE8. I've tried Chrome and it is very fast. I still prefer the
    > Mozilla-based browsers.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullen
    > http://edmullen.net/
    > Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Say a
    > bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

    me again - I checked out the well-written article in the link above. Was
    going to try Chrome, but when I did a google search, I kept seeing negative
    posts about not working with XP? What do you think?

    Thanks
    Katherine

    jones, Sep 7, 2010
  5. jones

    Justin Guest

    Re: Chrome2

    jones wrote on [Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:33:17 +1000]:
    >> Here's one article comparing the top browsers:
    >>
    >> http://www.pcworld.com/article/200963/browser_blowout_2010.html
    >>
    >> I use SeaMonkey 2 (and Firefox 3 sometimes). I also have Safari, Opera
    >> and IE8. I've tried Chrome and it is very fast. I still prefer the
    >> Mozilla-based browsers.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ed Mullen
    >> http://edmullen.net/
    >> Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Say a
    >> bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

    > me again - I checked out the well-written article in the link above. Was
    > going to try Chrome, but when I did a google search, I kept seeing negative
    > posts about not working with XP? What do you think?

    It worked just fine on XPSP3

    Justin, Sep 7, 2010
  6. jones

    jones Guest

    Re: Chrome2

    >> me again - I checked out the well-written article in the link above. Was
    >> going to try Chrome, but when I did a google search, I kept seeing
    >> negative
    >> posts about not working with XP? What do you think?

    > It worked just fine on XPSP3

    Thank you - I will put it on my to-do list :)

    Katherine

    jones, Sep 9, 2010