    simple way to correct this with a software (I am uisng Paint Shop Pro 8))?

    Thanks,

    Richard

    Richard, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Richard" <> a écrit dans le message
    de news:8Mx1b.4094$...
    > I have read that digital cameras have a tendency to have chromatic
    > aberration (purple fringing) . Is it a really big problem? Is there some
    > digital cameras that do not have this problem? I am thinking of buying a
    > Canon A70. Does it have a big chromatic aberration problem? Is there a
    > simple way to correct this with a software (I am uisng Paint Shop Pro 8))?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Richard

    Sorry I made a mistake. I wrote that I am not planning of buying Canon A70
    while I meant Canon Powershot A70.

    Richard

    Richard, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Richard

    Frankhartx Guest

    >From: "Richard"

    > I have read that digital cameras have a tendency to have chromatic
    >aberration (purple fringing) . Is it a really big problem? Is there some
    >digital cameras that do not have this problem? I am thinking of buying a
    >Canon A70. Does it have a big chromatic aberration problem? Is there a
    >simple way to correct this with a software (I am uisng Paint Shop Pro 8))?
    >
    > Perhaps with the $19,95 toy digitals but think about it--Canon, Nikon,

    Minolta, Olympus.Sony etc are all experienced makers of top flight optics
    bo.th for film and digital

    Frankhartx, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Richard

    reg-john Guest

    "Frankhartx" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Richard"

    > > I have read that digital cameras have a tendency to have chromatic
    > >aberration (purple fringing) . Is it a really big problem? Is there

    some
    > >digital cameras that do not have this problem? I am thinking of buying a
    > >Canon A70. Does it have a big chromatic aberration problem? Is there a
    > >simple way to correct this with a software (I am uisng Paint Shop Pro

    8))?

    > > Perhaps with the $19,95 toy digitals but think about it--Canon, Nikon,

    > Minolta, Olympus.Sony etc are all experienced makers of top flight

    optics
    > bo.th for film and digital

    haha, so youve never used an oly c series ultrazoom obviously.

    reg-john, Aug 23, 2003
  5. Richard

    Obake Guest

    In article <8Mx1b.4094$>, "Richard" <> wrote:
    > I have read that digital cameras have a tendency to have chromatic
    >aberration (purple fringing) . Is it a really big problem? Is there some
    >digital cameras that do not have this problem? I am thinking of buying a
    >Canon A70. Does it have a big chromatic aberration problem? Is there a
    >simple way to correct this with a software (I am uisng Paint Shop Pro 8))?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Richard

    try reading the reviews at dpreview.com. CA is one criteria he looks at when
    reviewing a cameras.

    Obake, Aug 23, 2003
  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    <> wrote:
    > > I have read that digital cameras have a tendency to have chromatic
    > >aberration (purple fringing) . Is it a really big problem? Is there

    some
    > >digital cameras that do not have this problem? I am thinking of buying a
    > >Canon A70. Does it have a big chromatic aberration problem? Is there a
    > >simple way to correct this with a software (I am uisng Paint Shop Pro

    8))?

    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Richard
    > >

    > try reading the reviews at dpreview.com. CA is one criteria he looks at

    when
    > reviewing a cameras.

    I read the review at dpreview.com. This it where I read that the Canon
    Powershot A70 has a slight chromatic aberration. I wonder how slight it is.
    I have been looking for digital camera fo more than a week now and every
    camera I have looked seem to have a problem. I want to buy my camera very
    soon but I find it difficult to find a good one at a reasonable price.

    Richard

    Richard, Aug 23, 2003
  7. Richard

    Don Guest

    Take the reviews on dpreview.com with a grain of salt. They have a tendency
    to compare apples and oranges. They do much of their testing with whatever
    default settings the camera manufaturers set, without mentioning that they
    haven't normalized them and they are often vastly different from one brand
    or model to another.

    In particular, many cameras come with considerable sharpness and saturation
    boosts as defaults. Both will appear to increase the CA compared to a
    camera which has a more moderate level of boost.

    Don

    --
    Experience is what lets you recognize
    a mistake when you make it again.

    Don, Aug 23, 2003
  8. Richard

    Jon Bell Guest

    In article <s9z1b.4123$>,
    Richard <> wrote:

    >I read the review at dpreview.com. This it where I read that the Canon
    >Powershot A70 has a slight chromatic aberration. I wonder how slight it is.

    Doesn't the review include any full-resolution sample images you can
    examine? I seem to remember dpreview had some for the Minolta Dimage 7i
    or 7Hi (5 megapixel) when I was checking out those cameras in detail
    before buying the 7i. Or maybe I'm thinking of another site.

    --
    Jon Bell <> Presbyterian College

    Jon Bell, Aug 23, 2003
  9. Richard

    Whatevah Guest

    All digital cameras have this problem... it's more evident in the cameras
    with the cheaper lenses.

    I've looked at the sample images from the A70 and don't see any CA in most
    of the shots...

    I still use a Canon Powershot G1 (about 2 years old) as my primary digital
    camera, and while I know it has CA, I rarely see it. Partially because I've
    learned how to avoid situations that cause it.

    The A70 is a great little camera

    --
    Jerry
    www.whatevah.com / jerry at whatevah dot com

    Whatevah, Aug 23, 2003
  10. According to Whatevah <>
    (news:bi6q77$5nupk$-berlin.de) :
    > I still use a Canon Powershot G1 (about 2 years old) as my primary
    > digital camera, and while I know it has CA, I rarely see it.
    > Partially because I've learned how to avoid situations that cause it.

    I've got the same one. I've heard that the cameras with CCDs that have a
    smaller surface area are less prone to CA, whereas those with larger CCDs (or
    CMOSs) have more angled light, causing CA (and also vignetting).

    --
    eth'nT
    http://www.hydrous.net

    Ethan Trewhitt, Aug 23, 2003