    atmosphere. Palm trees are quite expensive, and buying one small would be a
    waste.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Brian, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Brian

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:73mmf.975$,
    Brian spewed forth:
    > I live in Hawaii (I'm not bragging, well, ok I am). There are a couple
    > places that have christmas trees for sale but as you can imagine they
    > are expensive and pretty crappy (compared to what you traditionally
    > cut on the mainland). I don't want a full tree anyway due to the
    > setup and takedown and mess. Plus I don't have anything to really put
    > on it.
    > I'd like something on a smaller scale to give me a little christmas
    > atmosphere. Palm trees are quite expensive, and buying one small
    > would be a waste.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Can you spell "artificial"? Walmart, K-Mart, etc.

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    Toolman Tim, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    I don't want a whole tree, though. Would like a smaller scale. I would love
    a 3 foot palm tree but its too big of a waste and costly!

    Brian, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Brian

    Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > I don't want a whole tree, though. Would like a smaller scale. I would love
    > a 3 foot palm tree but its too big of a waste and costly!
    >

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > In news:73mmf.975$,
    > > Brian spewed forth:
    > >> I live in Hawaii (I'm not bragging, well, ok I am). There are a couple
    > >> places that have christmas trees for sale but as you can imagine they
    > >> are expensive and pretty crappy (compared to what you traditionally
    > >> cut on the mainland). I don't want a full tree anyway due to the
    > >> setup and takedown and mess. Plus I don't have anything to really put
    > >> on it.
    > >> I'd like something on a smaller scale to give me a little christmas
    > >> atmosphere. Palm trees are quite expensive, and buying one small
    > >> would be a waste.
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone have any suggestions?

    > > Can you spell "artificial"? Walmart, K-Mart, etc.
    > >
    > > --
    > > We put the "K" in "Kwality"!

    Get yourself one of these :)

    http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc229&image=433_image046.jpg
    , Dec 9, 2005
  5. Brian

    philo Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >I live in Hawaii (I'm not bragging, well, ok I am). There are a couple
    >places that have christmas trees for sale but as you can imagine they are
    >expensive and pretty crappy (compared to what you traditionally cut on the
    >mainland). I don't want a full tree anyway due to the setup and takedown
    >and mess. Plus I don't have anything to really put on it.
    >
    > I'd like something on a smaller scale to give me a little christmas
    > atmosphere. Palm trees are quite expensive, and buying one small would be
    > a waste.

    just get a dvd of one!!!
    philo, Dec 9, 2005
  6. Brian

    Trax Guest

    wrote:

    |>Brian wrote:
    |>> I don't want a whole tree, though. Would like a smaller scale. I would love
    |>> a 3 foot palm tree but its too big of a waste and costly!
    |>>

    |>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    |>Get yourself one of these :)
    |>
    |>http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc229&image=433_image046.jpg

    That's what I was thinking, light n bulbs for christmas and clippings
    thru out the year - Christmas and a happy new year all in one :)

    --
    Things in bottles http://tinyurl.com/5958l
    Trax, Dec 9, 2005
  7. Brian

    DC Guest

    philo wrote:

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>I live in Hawaii (I'm not bragging, well, ok I am). There are a couple
    >>places that have christmas trees for sale but as you can imagine they are
    >>expensive and pretty crappy (compared to what you traditionally cut on the
    >>mainland). I don't want a full tree anyway due to the setup and takedown
    >>and mess. Plus I don't have anything to really put on it.

    >> I'd like something on a smaller scale to give me a little christmas
    >> atmosphere. Palm trees are quite expensive, and buying one small would be
    >> a waste.

    > just get a dvd of one!!!

    Yeah, just like those looping "crackling fireplace" videos.

    For an extra couple of bucks, you can even get one of those pine-scented ones
    that will unexpectedly burst into flames. You know, for added realism.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
    -= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-
    DC, Dec 9, 2005
  8. Brian

    philo Guest

    "DC" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    >
    >> "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>>I live in Hawaii (I'm not bragging, well, ok I am). There are a couple
    >>>places that have christmas trees for sale but as you can imagine they are
    >>>expensive and pretty crappy (compared to what you traditionally cut on
    >>>the
    >>>mainland). I don't want a full tree anyway due to the setup and takedown
    >>>and mess. Plus I don't have anything to really put on it.

    >>> I'd like something on a smaller scale to give me a little christmas
    >>> atmosphere. Palm trees are quite expensive, and buying one small would
    >>> be
    >>> a waste.

    >> just get a dvd of one!!!

    > Yeah, just like those looping "crackling fireplace" videos.
    >
    > For an extra couple of bucks, you can even get one of those pine-scented
    > ones
    > that will unexpectedly burst into flames. You know, for added realism.

    yep>
    btw: i live in an area where there's usually snow for Christmas.
    one year i was in San Diego sitting around my uncle's swimming
    pool. he had a pathetic inflatable santa

    it's got to be terrible living in Hawaii <g>
    philo, Dec 9, 2005
  9. Brian

    old jon Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >> philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Brian" <> wrote in message

    >>> just get a dvd of one!!!

    >> Yeah, just like those looping "crackling fireplace" videos.
    >>
    >> For an extra couple of bucks, you can even get one of those pine-scented
    >> ones
    >> that will unexpectedly burst into flames. You know, for added realism.

    > yep>
    > btw: i live in an area where there's usually snow for Christmas.
    > one year i was in San Diego sitting around my uncle's swimming
    > pool. he had a pathetic inflatable santa
    >
    > it's got to be terrible living in Hawaii <g>

    I`ve heard there`s a hell of a lot of water round there <g>.
    old jon, Dec 9, 2005
  10. Brian wrote:

    > I live in Hawaii (I'm not bragging, well, ok I am). There are a
    > couple places that have christmas trees for sale but as you can
    > imagine they are expensive and pretty crappy (compared to what
    > you traditionally cut on the mainland). I don't want a full tree
    > anyway due to the setup and takedown and mess. Plus I don't have
    > anything to really put on it.
    >
    > I'd like something on a smaller scale to give me a little
    > christmas atmosphere. Palm trees are quite expensive, and buying
    > one small would be a waste.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

    A small (table-top, three-footish) artificial Christmas tree.
    Wouldn't take much in the way of ornaments to decorate it.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 10, 2005