Christmas Day (2005)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unholy, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    So post what happened on your christmas day :)

    u can include pic's and so forth :)

    Well i have a good morning i got up at 10 (very odd, because i normally get up early :|)

    I got a new multimeter :)
    A UPS (so u can stop bitching now mike :p)
    The common, Clothes
    And Some tools including 50 dollar screw drivers :)

    I fitted in all the gear with my new screw drivers into the Robela Water Case and can i just say one thing, that case IS FKN HEAVY the case itself without the water cooler weighs more then my dog!! :|

    heres some pictures :)

    [​IMG]
    The age of UPS(UPS Power Supply), compared with your days and then the days of my dad :) (woot for 14v power supplys :))
    [​IMG]
    The tools of teh trade
    [​IMG]
    The new TestBed which currently does not have a CPU or for that fact a video card, not to worry i am getting a x2 and using a pci (not pci-e) video card for it :)

    :)

    Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
    unholy, Dec 25, 2005

  2. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Excellent....

    ...you scored big time Unholy. Here I was thinking you had been bad all year long, and you go and surprise everyone. That UPS looks good, and even though it's hard to buy one when there is all that other stuff to stick into your machine, the UPS is so very important for long life. All of my machines (except for the laptops) have an UPS. We have too many power failures around here to take any chances.

    Those tools will come in handy too. Do you already have a Dremel tool? You need one!

    bigal, Dec 25, 2005

  3. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe thx al, cant imagion what the good ppl will get :)

    i have a dremel, :)

    unholy, Dec 25, 2005
  4. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I thought I was good, but, not much. :) cool haul dude. :)

    It's still only 4am on Christmas morning here and I'm heading to bed soon, but we do most of our gift exchanging on Christmas Eve here. By far I'm more of a giver than a receiver. My family doesn't have a lot of money but I tend to try to go splurge crazy at Christmas. So my haul is rarely anything to brag about. Lets see...

    From my mom: Some Blue Willow china (I collect the pattern, I like it because it's what my Grandparents used to have every Thanksgiving and Christmas and it brings back really happy memories for me so I started to collect it. Now I tend to get some every birthday or Christmas from someone). Consisting of salt & pepper shakers and a ladel. I know, b o r i n g to you guys. :) It's valuable stuff though, being original from Japan.

    From my partner: A silk shirt and a collectable from the Harry Potter films, a wand. It's cool, I collect neat stuff like that, I know it sounds really goofy but oh well. :)

    From my sister and Steve: a $50 gift certificate to the Longhorn steak restaurant.

    From my Dad: Gun (the game) and a selection of cheeses, meats and candies.

    That's all for now, probably more small things from the rest of my family tomorrow.

    The Modfather, Dec 25, 2005
  5. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I got in aight, main thing was the $120 put in towards my new camera :) Was a bargain, $290AUD for a Pentax Optio S60 :) Also got an extra extra large sized bean bag with 200 litres of beans to fill it :p Got a book on Muscle Cars from my bro, Holden boxer shorts and a framed Holden V8 picture thing from my grandparents, a Family Guy poster with Stewie saying "GO TO HELL!" from my sister. Also got in my little bag of goodies 2 books I've been unable to find for ages, the Twister special edition DVD, and some candy :p Not a bad haul this year, lol. And my uncle, who is the area manager of EB Games, left about 15 PS2 games here, I can have them for free. We've got about 50 PS2 games from him for free :) Eyetoy Play 3, Drakengard, King Kong, and a whole bunch of other games too.

    Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
    XhArD, Dec 25, 2005
  6. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    man ross did good :)

    I wonder how al did :), hey Modfather if i know what china your talking about my mum collects it :)

    unholy, Dec 25, 2005
  7. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    What's that? Harley stuff?

    Big Al's been a good boy too. I got a set of bath salts (I have a bath just about every morning to help my right wrist.), an emergency car light and mirror (The mirror is for seeing the hole of a spark plug at the back of my Grand Prix V-6), two Harley-Davidson (HD) hooks to hang coats on, a HD clock, an HD wallet, a book on HD motorcycles, an HD cap, a pair of heated motorcycle gloves (each uses a D cell battery), a bottle of Starbucks liqueur, THREE BOTTLES of CHOW CHOW (Have you guys tried this stuff? Great on lunch meats.), and two boxes of fruit candies (Fruit Delights and Aplets & Cotlets). We are waiting for my wife's brother to come over, and then we'll open a few more presents from him and her parents. Not bad for a bad boy, eh?

    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Dec 25, 2005
  8. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Lol, lots of Harley stuff aye. Got a photo of most of my stuff, but it's kinda hard to get a photo of the camera that I'm using to take these photos :p I could use a mirror, but why bother?

    [​IMG]

    XhArD, Dec 26, 2005
  9. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yeah.

    The picture looks good. So you did get lots of books. As you said, it's hard to get a picture of the camera. At least now you can submit some good shots of your machine for the New Year's screensaver!!!:beer:

    bigal, Dec 26, 2005
  10. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yay! Too bad it still looks like crap, even in a good photo :p Nah, it's looking a tiny little bit better because of the red LED fan i got from Unholy. the problem is, the light in this room is REALLY dim at the best of times, so even with the camera flash, I get a fair bit of photo noise :| Even on high sensitivity, it gets a lot of discolouration :( I'll take another stab at getting a low noise photo of my computer, but I dunno if I'll be able to get one :(

    XhArD, Dec 26, 2005
  11. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    :|

    well if i have a lan on like friday u could get some gear :), i have a spare cathod and teh christmas present i have fo u :)

    hehe Al, u hauled in big time :)

    ps. current temperature in my room 30.5°C thanks to my new DMM :)

    unholy, Dec 26, 2005
  12. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Final haul stash, not much, ah well. Everyone is broke this year... What I already mentioned, and...

    A framed photo of the family from my mom's 75th birthday party back in October from my sister Pat, she hired the photographer to take prof. photos and gave us all pics in frames for Christmas.

    A box of Hickory Farms cheeses and meats from my sister Deb and a book called "Dog is my co-pilot", about dogs. :) Humor thing.

    An 8x10 picture frame from my brother Mick. (I have NO Idea) :)

    A $30 gift card to Macy's from my niece Jill.

    Another Shirt (Penn State Nittany Lion's, I went to Duke, I can't figure this one out either) from mom and a pair of pants.

    And I think I got something from my niece Sharon but I can't remember what. <shrug>

    Um, this is the Blue Willow pattern...

    [​IMG]

    I know it's boring stuff, what can I say? I've got a BDay in 2 weeks, which also sucks, seeing as it's so close to Christmas I always get stiffed royally there too. So to make up for it, I just get stuff for myself the rest of the year and don't feel guilty about it none. :)

    The Modfather, Dec 26, 2005
  13. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Good photographers...

    ...make their subjects move to better lighting locations. Just set your machine up on the kitchen table, your mom won't mind a bit. Don't forget to decorate the immediate area around the case, such as adding a bowl of fruit or even a box of cereal....:)

    bigal, Dec 26, 2005
  14. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I know I could move it, but that would require EFFORT... I managed to get an alright photo of it, just a little bit jagged on the edges of the fan grill.

    High sensitivity flash shot: [​IMG]
    Low sensitivity shot, no flash: [​IMG]
    High senitivity shot, no flash: [​IMG]

    XhArD, Dec 26, 2005
  15. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i reckon u still got a pretty good shot, without to mch effort :)

    hey Mod, thats the exact same collection as my mum, she has like a whole dinner set. i will see if i can get a picture fo you :p

    i guess no extreme gifts like a 7800gtx anyone?

    i am saving for a AMD x2 and x a G15 :)

    unholy, Dec 26, 2005
  16. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I am saving for a G15 too :) I can afford it after tomorrows shift at work :) Depends when I get to the shops again though, but I want it soon so I have it for Unholys LAN, assuming he actually finds out a date so I can get some time off work if I need to.

    XhArD, Dec 26, 2005
  17. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i need my psu back first, which has left Chinese Shores :p

    unholy, Dec 26, 2005
  18. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    XhArd...

    ...I'm sure one of those pictures will end up in the 2006 New Year's Day screensaver.:beer:

    bigal, Dec 26, 2005
  19. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I could get some better ones without that metal bar in front of the window later.

    XhArD, Dec 27, 2005
  20. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Later?

    You have until the end of the week. I would not put this off too much longer. The submissions close the minute we step into 2006, EST.

    bigal, Dec 27, 2005