    thinking the same?

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jun 20, 2006

  2. Dave Doe

    Jonno Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Like their last planned upgrade - this one didn't go very well for them
    > eitiher (planned upgrade and outage between midnight last night and 6am
    > this morn).
    >
    > Wasn't back up until about 1pm today.
    >
    > Is it unreasonable to ask for compensation? (given the length of the
    > *unplanned* outage (after 6am this morning)). And wondering who's
    > thinking the same?
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    And their Usage meter is still crap.
    According to their Usage meter on the 19/6 I had used 16299 MB. When I
    logged on tonight 20/6, I have used 20600 MB (an extra block over my limit).
    I know its only supposed to be an estimate, but a 4 Gig difference when the
    machine hasn't been on and their own usage meter shows no use today. Looking
    at their data sheet it is not a lot of help either. According to it the
    total of Megabytes shows I've used 20.123 Gigs but adding up the "Gigabyte"
    column shows only 19.754 Gigs. How in hell are you supposed to stay within
    your limit. Thank God my month finishes tonite. Think I might ring them with
    a "please explain your system" tomorrow. Anyone else noticed differences?
    Jonno, Jun 20, 2006

  3. Dave Doe

    Vista Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > Like their last planned upgrade - this one didn't go very well for them
    > eitiher (planned upgrade and outage between midnight last night and 6am
    > this morn).
    >
    > Wasn't back up until about 1pm today.
    >
    > Is it unreasonable to ask for compensation? (given the length of the
    > *unplanned* outage (after 6am this morning)). And wondering who's
    > thinking the same?
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    Yes you would be entitled to compensation. I asked for compensation from my
    ISP after a number of outages and they agreed to credit my account for a
    small amount which is better than nothing.
    Vista, Jun 21, 2006