Chosing outgoing line for calls on PAP2 ATA

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ardo Beltza, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. Ardo Beltza

    Ardo Beltza Guest

    Can someone answer a newbie question please?

    I have a PAP2 which is set up with Sipgate on Line 2 (for incoming
    calls) and SMSListo on Line 1 (for outgoing calls). I have set the
    CLID on my SMSListo account to be that of my Sipgate number. As a
    consequence I have two DECT base units plugged in, which is a bit
    inconvenient.

    Is it possible to just use one DECT base unit plugged into the PAP2
    and use it for incoming and outgoing calls or is the PAP2 not able to
    achieve that function.

    I believe it can be done by running something like Asterix (sp?) on a
    computer but I don't really want to go to that length.

    If I need to replace the PAP2 to achieve my aim, could anyone advise
    on what ATA would effectively allow a single handset to take incoming
    calls from Sipgate and make outgoing ones via SMSListo.

    Many thanks.

    Ardo Beltza, Sep 8, 2009

  2. Ardo Beltza

    Paulg0 Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Alternatively, as I believe you cannot forward a SIPGATE account directly
    > to another SIP address, there are free services that you could register
    > your SIPGATE account with; in turn, you would register your ATA to their
    > service, as opposed to SIPGATE. Look for.....mind's gone
    > blank........pbxes....or....voxalot

    www.mysipswitch.com will do the job, it's free and very reliable

    Paul

    Paulg0, Sep 8, 2009

  3. Ardo Beltza

    Graham. Guest

    > Can someone answer a newbie question please?
    >
    > I have a PAP2 which is set up with Sipgate on Line 2 (for incoming
    > calls) and SMSListo on Line 1 (for outgoing calls). I have set the
    > CLID on my SMSListo account to be that of my Sipgate number. As a
    > consequence I have two DECT base units plugged in, which is a bit
    > inconvenient.
    >
    > Is it possible to just use one DECT base unit plugged into the PAP2
    > and use it for incoming and outgoing calls or is the PAP2 not able to
    > achieve that function.
    >
    > I believe it can be done by running something like Asterix (sp?) on a
    > computer but I don't really want to go to that length.

    > If I need to replace the PAP2 to achieve my aim, could anyone advise
    > on what ATA would effectively allow a single handset to take incoming
    > calls from Sipgate and make outgoing ones via SMSListo.
    >
    > Many thanks.

    My setup is identical to yours ie. PAP2, Sipgate incoming, smslisto
    outgoing.
    It is possible to forward the Sipgate calls to the same "half" of
    the PAP2 that has the smslisto account so you only need one phone
    and the other half is free to do something different.
    Jono touched on the solution, I prefer pbxes.org to mysipswich or
    voxalot for simple tasks like this, Pbxes is a free hosted Asterisk
    at Home server with limited functionality. It might whet your appetite
    to build your own :)
    You don't need to do anything to your ATA, you might want to
    remove the sipgate account from the second line, but I think it
    will be fine registered in two places.
    Grab yourself a n account from pbxes.org and have a quick
    look at the UI, for our purposes we only need two pages,
    Trunks and Inbound routes.

    Set up a trunk called SIPGATE, all pretty self explanatory.
    Now set up the inbound route, all you need is the trunk
    name you used at the top ie SIPGATE, select the regular-
    hours SIP URL radio button, and fill in the adjacent box

    And that's it.

    The thing *not* to do is to make a trunk for your Betamax account
    and point the ATA to pbxes.
    Yes indeed, that would open up more options, but the problem is
    that your outgoing calls would be seen by Betamax as coming
    from the same IP address as their other customers using pbxes
    (All Betamax customers not just smslisto!) Result: you all
    share the same 300 min/week free call limit, ie. You don't get
    many!

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Sep 9, 2009
  4. Ardo Beltza

    Ardo Beltza Guest

    On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:48:53 +0100, "Graham." <> wrote:

    >My setup is identical to yours ie. PAP2, Sipgate incoming, smslisto
    >outgoing.
    >It is possible to forward the Sipgate calls to the same "half" of
    >the PAP2 that has the smslisto account so you only need one phone
    >and the other half is free to do something different.
    >Jono touched on the solution, I prefer pbxes.org to mysipswich or

    I just wanted to say thank you to Graham, Jono and the other folk who
    replied. Especially for the detailed instructions. This sounds like an
    excellent was to do things and would be much more convenient for me.

    I'm away from home for a few days now but will give it a whirl when I
    return.

    Thank you.

    Ardo Beltza, Sep 10, 2009