    Samsung 80GB U133 7200RPM 2MB

    So what's the difference between U100, U133 and S300, and will I notice
    that difference?

    bealoid, Oct 23, 2006

  2. bealoid schrieb:
    > drive? (I'd like to buy a new ATA/IDE drive for a machine running
    > Windows 2000.)

    > ExcelStor Technology 80GB 7200rpm 2MB U100
    > ExcelStor Technology 80GB 7200rpm 8MB S300
    > Samsung 80GB U133 7200RPM 2MB
    >
    > So what's the difference between U100, U133 and S300, and will I notice
    > that difference?

    See here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_device_bandwidths#Computer_buses_.28drive.29

    The S300 is _not_ an ATA/IDE drive.
    The Samsung's connection can be slightly faster, provided your PC can
    absorb the data quickly enough.

    For me, a drive has to reliably work for as long as possible; for this,
    you have to assess the manufacturer's reputation.

    Cheers
    mendel
    --
    Isn't it amazing how you don't know how to do something and then you do?
    -- Bubbly blonde, Overheard in New York, February 04, 2005

    Michael Mendelsohn, Oct 25, 2006