    --
    Thx.
    PajaP
    PajaP, Jul 8, 2006

  2. PajaP

    Sean Guest

    PajaP wrote:
    > The one thing I am likely to miss most now I am moving to VoIP as my
    > only telephone access is BT's 'Choose To Refuse service'.
    >
    > I have a PAP2T and accounts with Gradwell and Sipgate.
    >
    > Is there any way I can implement a similar set-up?

    Just noticed this, has been unanswered!

    Yes, on your PAP2T you can just put numbers in divert field... And if
    you divert them to any random number.. most providers just send these
    calls to voicemail
    Sean, Jul 21, 2006

  3. PajaP

    Jono Guest

    Sean explained :
    > PajaP wrote:
    >> The one thing I am likely to miss most now I am moving to VoIP as my
    >> only telephone access is BT's 'Choose To Refuse service'.
    >>
    >> I have a PAP2T and accounts with Gradwell and Sipgate.
    >>
    >> Is there any way I can implement a similar set-up?
    >>

    > Just noticed this, has been unanswered!
    >
    > Yes, on your PAP2T you can just put numbers in divert field... And if you
    > divert them to any random number.. most providers just send these calls to
    > voicemail

    divert what to a random number...? confuzzed.
    Jono, Jul 21, 2006
  4. PajaP

    Sean Guest

    Sorry, did not explain well :)

    If you do to user 1 or 2 on the PAP2 you will see

    Cfwd Sel1 Caller: Cfwd Sel1 Dest:

    You just put the callers number in 1st box... 08702402559 for example
    (sales noob who called other day)

    Then in 2nd box put in a destination number. e.g. 123.

    Some providers actually divert the call to the number you enter... Some
    dont accept it and direct callers to voicemail.

    If it does divert it, you could put something random so caller gets a
    number not recognized message..
    Sean, Jul 21, 2006
  5. PajaP

    mattpark Guest

    Im sure you can set up a similar service very easily over VoIP.

    Gradwell may offer something like a pbx account, where you can set up
    calls to be handled how you fancy. Sipgate is a very no frills
    service last time i checked so you probably wont het anywhere with
    them

    Of course another option is to dig out and old pc and install trixbox
    on it. (the replacement for asterisk@home). Very easy to understand
    and its completely free!

    Hope this helps.

    Matt
    ---
    External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
    mattpark, Jul 21, 2006
  6. PajaP

    Jono Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry, did not explain well :)
    >
    > If you do to user 1 or 2 on the PAP2 you will see
    >
    > Cfwd Sel1 Caller: Cfwd Sel1 Dest:
    >
    > You just put the callers number in 1st box... 08702402559 for example
    > (sales noob who called other day)
    >
    > Then in 2nd box put in a destination number. e.g. 123.
    >
    > Some providers actually divert the call to the number you enter... Some
    > dont accept it and direct callers to voicemail.
    >
    > If it does divert it, you could put something random so caller gets a
    > number not recognized message..

    Ah, yes. I do that already! Understand you now. ;-)

    For some reason I got CTR mixed up with ACR.

    Got any tips for ACR?
    Jono, Jul 21, 2006
  7. PajaP

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Ah, yes. I do that already! Understand you now. ;-)
    >
    > For some reason I got CTR mixed up with ACR.
    >
    > Got any tips for ACR?

    CTR?

    I've already given tips for ACR!
    Sean, Jul 22, 2006
  8. PajaP

    Sean Guest

    Sean wrote:

    > CTR?
    >
    > I've already given tips for ACR!

    Ignore that.

    The heat is doing strange things to my mind!

    ACR...... Depends what your SIP provider sends on anonymous calls... Its
    often Unknown... Just put this in the caller ID field :D .. instead of
    number of person you don't want to talk to
    Sean, Jul 22, 2006
  9. PajaP

    Jono Guest

    Sean explained :
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Ah, yes. I do that already! Understand you now. ;-)
    >>
    >> For some reason I got CTR mixed up with ACR.
    >>
    >> Got any tips for ACR?
    >>

    > CTR?
    >
    > I've already given tips for ACR!

    CTR = Choose to Refuse

    ACR = sorry, must've lost 'em.
    Jono, Jul 22, 2006
  10. PajaP

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Sean formulated :
    > Sean wrote:
    >
    >> CTR?
    >>
    >> I've already given tips for ACR!

    > Ignore that.
    >
    > The heat is doing strange things to my mind!
    >
    > ACR...... Depends what your SIP provider sends on anonymous calls... Its
    > often Unknown... Just put this in the caller ID field :D .. instead of number
    > of person you don't want to talk to

    Want to implement it in aah.
    Jono, Jul 22, 2006