Choice between Aastra and Cisco for asterisk

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Max, Jan 25, 2007.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I lately subscribed to an Asterisk service over which I have only user
    rights. I now have to choose which phones I will use with it.

    I have been looking at the Aastra 480i (CT) and the Cisco 7940G.

    I would really like the Aastra because it has a wireless handset, yet
    the Cisco looks a little nicer. In fact, I feel like the Aastra has
    been designed in 1989... and the Cisco in 2000. ;) But if we look
    farther than design, which is better?

    Thank you for your input,
    Max

    Product URLs:
    Aastra: http://www.aastratelecom.com/ipphones/pro_243.asp
    Cisco: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/ps1854/index.html
    Max, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Max

    Val Guest

    On Jan 25, 1:31 pm, Max <> wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I lately subscribed to an Asterisk service over which I have only user
    > rights. I now have to choose which phones I will use with it.
    >
    > I have been looking at the Aastra 480i (CT) and the Cisco 7940G.
    >
    > I would really like the Aastra because it has a wireless handset, yet
    > the Cisco looks a little nicer. In fact, I feel like the Aastra has
    > been designed in 1989... and the Cisco in 2000. ;) But if we look
    > farther than design, which is better?
    >
    > Thank you for your input,
    > Max
    >
    > Product URLs:
    > Aastra:http://www.aastratelecom.com/ipphones/pro_243.asp
    > Cisco:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/ps1854/index.html

    Have you considered Linksys phones?
    We use them a lot for our customers. Design is very contemporary and
    price is almost 1/2 of Cisco.
    We started selling new SPA962 with color LCD screen already.
    As for cordless option ... if you really care for having it you may
    deploy Analog Adapter (ATA) and plug any cordless phone you like.

    Val
    Val, Feb 3, 2007