    My OS is windowsxp.

    Thanks

    Dan
    Dan, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Dan

    dwacon Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    news:ctj0p8$a21$1$...
    > I wonder if anyone can enlighten me about chm files? I downloaded a

    program
    > form sysinternals called Autoruns, but I cannot get the help files to

    show.
    > the program runs okay but when clicking on the 'help' button only the
    > contents are shown in the left pane and 'Page cannot be displayed in the
    > right hand window'.
    > My OS is windowsxp.

    Are the attributes set to S (system) or H (hidden) for these files ??

    --
    Valentine's Day Special:
    Men's Guide to Buying Lingerie
    dwacon, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Hi dwacon

    Just checked and they show only a tick against 'archive' in the file
    attributes box.

    Dan

    Dan, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Dan

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:08:08 -0000, Dan wrote:

    >I wonder if anyone can enlighten me about chm files? I downloaded a program

    www.google.com

    File Extension Details for .CHM
    .... chm.file, Compiled HTML Help file, Microsoft® HTML Help Executable,
    hh.exe.
    chm.file, "C:\WIN2000\hh.exe" %1. chm.file, "K:\WINDOWS\hh.exe" %1. ...
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=CHM - 52k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Windows CHM Help File Format Information by RcTek
    Information about the CHM help file format files that are used in the
    Microsoft
    Windows operating systems. RcTek Home, RcTek : CHM File Information, ...
    www.rctek.com/chm_info.html - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

    Visual CHM - Create CHM(Microsoft HTML help) files.
    .... showed; Use directory name as default .chm file name; Decompile
    command can
    be found in right click menu of .chm files; Support Romanian; ...
    www.wekasoft.com/vchm/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

    >form sysinternals called Autoruns, but I cannot get the help files to show.

    Ask them.

    >the program runs okay but when clicking on the 'help' button only the

    Launch the helpfile from Windows Explorer instead of Help / Help.

    >contents are shown in the left pane and 'Page cannot be displayed in the
    >right hand window'.

    Firewall / Popup blocker / Script blocker ?

    >My OS is windowsxp.

    Mine isn't and it works fine on several versions of Windows incl. XP
    64-bit.

    Me
    why?, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Dan

    afaq

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Afee

    Its an old thread but just to let the readers (just like me who stumble over it), I resolved the problem by --right click on the CHM file -- Click on Properties tab --- Saw statement in the Attribute box in the bottom of the properties that Microsoft Internet Explorer Security has blocked this Program -- Clicked on Unblock Tab --- and the statement disappeared. After that file opened perfectly fine.
    afaq, Feb 3, 2011