    the screen when it finishes, where do I find the log file of the results
    of the scan?
    Thanks.
    Nick Withers, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Nick Withers

    Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:03:19 +1300, Nick Withers <>
    wrote:

    |> After running a XP Chkdsk scan of my hard drive, unless I am watching
    |> the screen when it finishes, where do I find the log file of the results
    |> of the scan?

    I don't see a choice of doing so in the error checking option of disk
    properties.

    But if you run Chkdsk in a dos/command prompt window, when it's done
    your shown the results which you can copy and paste from there.
    (right click the top of the screen, edit, mark -mark- then copy)

    While in dos you can do a "command > log.txt" to create a text file,
    this is one command that can hang up on you if you do (if an error is
    found).

    --
    , Jan 28, 2005

  3. Nick Withers

    Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:17:51 GMT, wrote:

> [...]

    Unless of course you mean when your booting up, then you can find an
    output in your event viewer.

    --
    , Jan 28, 2005