    Problem is, that chkdsk /F /R /X does not solve the problem.

    I would like to know, if there is a program, which is better than chkdsk ??.

    Regards Anton

    Anton, May 19, 2006

  2. Anton

    Bishoop Guest

    "Anton" <> wrote in message
    news:Yukbg.49$2net.dk...
    > chkdsk say there is a problem in the filesystem, that can be solved with
    > the /F and restart.
    > Problem is, that chkdsk /F /R /X does not solve the problem.
    >
    > I would like to know, if there is a program, which is better than chkdsk
    > ??.
    >
    > Regards Anton

    Spinrite - but it isn't free.

    Go to www.grc.com

    Bishoop, May 19, 2006

  3. Anton

    Jerry Attic Guest

    "Bishoop" <> said in

    > "Anton" <> wrote in message
    >> chkdsk say there is a problem in the filesystem, that can be solved
    >> with the /F and restart.
    >> Problem is, that chkdsk /F /R /X does not solve the problem.
    >>
    >> I would like to know, if there is a program, which is better than
    >> chkdsk ??.
    >>
    >> Regards Anton

    > Spinrite - but it isn't free.
    >
    > Go to www.grc.com

    Critic of Spinrite:

    http://grcsucks.com/spinrite.htm

    I used it about 10 yrs ago and it wasn't worth the money. It also soon
    became outdated and wouldn't see larger disks.

    Jerry Attic, May 19, 2006
  4. Anton

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Yukbg.49$2net.dk,
    Anton spewed forth:
    > chkdsk say there is a problem in the filesystem, that can be solved
    > with the /F and restart.
    > Problem is, that chkdsk /F /R /X does not solve the problem.
    >
    > I would like to know, if there is a program, which is better than
    > chkdsk ??.
    > Regards Anton

    How are you launching chkdsk? I prefer to run it in the Recovery Console.
    That way there is nothing running in the background complicating things.

    Toolman Tim, May 19, 2006
  5. Anton

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 16:20:43 +0200, "Anton" <> wrote:

    >chkdsk say there is a problem in the filesystem, that can be solved with the
    >/F and restart.
    >Problem is, that chkdsk /F /R /X does not solve the problem.

    What exactly is the problem?

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, May 20, 2006
  6. Anton

    Anton Guest

    Thank to all who has partitipated in my problem, which was a notification
    that the filesystem was corrupt.

    It now looks, as the problem has kind of solved it self.

    with regards from Anton

    Anton, May 21, 2006