    But the /fand 'r switches aren't fixing the problem...whatever it is.

    I've also run Norton and Defrag.

    Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

    Dick Reuben, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Dick Reuben

    °Mike° Guest

    Try the following:

    Chkdsk Finds Incorrect Security IDs After You Restore
    or Copy a Lot of Data
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327009

    Chkdsk Reports Cleaning Unused Security Descriptors
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255008

    An Explanation of CHKDSK and the New /C and /I Switches
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187941

    Microsoft Windows XP - Chkdsk
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/chkdsk.asp

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:41:45 GMT, in