    If the ipod was what chkdsk scanned, where would the log file be?

    Thanks!!

    J!

    jump, Mar 22, 2006

  2. jump

    Guest

    On 22 Mar 2006 09:51:37 -0800, "jump" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >As things happen with windows, my last boot included a chkdsk run, for
    >a FAT 32 system file.
    >
    >My system is a winxp, with NTFS. The only FAT32 in my system is the
    >ipod plugged through an usb port.
    >If the ipod was what chkdsk scanned, where would the log file be?
    >
    >Thanks!!
    >
    >J!

    my PC acts funny when I leave a USB flash drive plugged in when it
    boots.

    prob NOT a good thing for windows to chkdsk your Ipod. check out the
    FAQs at ipodlounge.com , there is an entry about this, search
    scandisk or chkdsk (checkdisk, check disk)

    where are you finding log files for when windows does a chkdsk of an
    internal HDD?

    , Mar 22, 2006

  3. jump

    jump Guest

    Usually logs are inside a winlogon entry at the event viewer /
    applications.
    Nothing shows this time...

    There is quite long thread related to an old updater.. but, I dont see
    the post related to log file location.

    I am hoping it was an isolated issue, and that it does not happen again

    Thx!!

    J!

    jump, Mar 22, 2006