    Caught without knowning, in this picture shows how much the video card hangs over.
    about 3 - 5mm clear above the Chipset the video card lyes and the video card goes over about 15-20mm
    [​IMG]

    unholy, Sep 5, 2005

  2. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    If it got above 65C I'd be worried. If you want you can shove a fan on it because you can't use the zalman because it's too tall :(

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 5, 2005

  3. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i can move my Video card to the second Slot but its hard to get back working when u have a SLi setup :|

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  4. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Indeed. I wouldn't go moving your vid card for it :?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  5. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    any good brands i should look at? i can look for Clearance hieghts and so forth.

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  6. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I'd say just shove like a little low profile 40mm fan or something on your stock heatsink. I haven't seen others around that are that shape and not tall :(

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  7. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i have to get a Fan then :| but how to mount it *ponders*

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  8. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Simple, just put a tiny dab of super glue on each base corner of the fan and stick it on. If you want to take it off a little/reasonable amount of pressure will cleanly snap it free and not damage anything. It's what I did awhile back on my last mobo.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  9. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i will have a quick look at some heatsinks and replace the thermal gease on the chipset first... because i cant finish my review without a good stable chipset... and i dont know how to change the chipset voltage on my mobo... (theres no "Chipset Voltage" option theirs "HTT voltage" and "Core Voltage" though there is also a "CPU Voltage"... i am confused)

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  10. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Why change your chipset voltage for your next review???

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  11. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    ram... to overclock ram ur Chipset(including Htt voltage will change)

    unholy, Sep 8, 2005
  12. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Ah, I see. I went looking and I can change mine to 1.7V. Anything more than that and I have to volt mod my mobo so I'll see how much I can overclock but hopefully wont need to volt mod it :?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 9, 2005
  13. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    volt modding is useful :D connect up 12volts :D

    unholy, Sep 10, 2005
  14. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Ummmmm no
    It took me ~1.5 years to get this mobo at the price I wanted to pay and I aint about to f it up, even though I would like to do some crazy vmodding :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 10, 2005
  15. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i was talking bout using a Shit mobo and making it sweet :D...
    Can u believe i have a Rare ASUS A7N266-VM, did u know ASUS only made 5000 of them... and about 1000 have been wrecked :|
    the guy that did the Sony PSOne LCD to VGA mod had one until he fried it... great board... one problem it uses 266fsb Chips only.. :|, i have heard of some rare vmodding on it to bring ram well past 3volts...

    unholy, Sep 10, 2005
  16. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    OMG DUDE GET OUTTA TOWN! I HAD ONE AS MY FIRST EVER MOBO LOL!!! :D:D:D
    I got rid of it though because it was only 4x agp, and slow ass FSB so real slow ram and didn't support higher socket A processors.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 10, 2005
  17. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    but its still one of the better boards ASUS made for that day :D.. did u know it does pretty well overclocking too :D... haven't tested it like properly or anything but it does dam well... not that well because its a budget board (supposeably)

    unholy, Sep 12, 2005
  18. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    make up your mind! from "it does damn well" straight to "not that well because its a budget board" which one is it?

    XhArD, Sep 12, 2005
  19. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    It sucks through and through :p But for a car pc not gaming pc I'm sure it would suit quite nicely.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 12, 2005