    seems to be working well) or is this something else that XP picks up
    automatically?

    Thanks
    buffy, Oct 5, 2003

  2. buffy

    HamMan Guest

    "buffy" <> wrote in message
    news:blpq1c$5nj$...
    > I have formatted my HD a number of times recently but each time when I

    have
    > put everything back on have not bothered with the ASUS CD containing the
    > Chipset Drivers. I am using XP. Do these need to be installed (as

    everything
    > seems to be working well) or is this something else that XP picks up
    > automatically?
    >
    > Thanks

    Well they usally give advanced support for things like AGP fast writing etc
    etc.

    Worthwhile installing them, especially if youre into gaming
    HamMan, Oct 5, 2003

  3. buffy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    buffy tried to scribble ...

    > I have formatted my HD a number of times recently but each time when
    > I have put everything back on have not bothered with the ASUS CD
    > containing the Chipset Drivers. I am using XP. Do these need to be
    > installed (as everything seems to be working well) or is this
    > something else that XP picks up automatically?
    >
    > Thanks

    If everything is working fine, then there would be some folks who'd say
    leave well alone .. ;)

    There are other folks who'd say try them, you never know you could improve
    the system even more, or you could fark it .. ;)

    Personally I'd try them, you have little to lose as you can always
    re-install yet again without them .. All you'll lose is a little time .. but
    possibly gain speed, reliability or other system functionality.

    --
    Our old car for Auction http://tinyurl.com/osdj
    Paul - xxx, Oct 5, 2003