    habshi Guest

    Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
    when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

    habshi, Jan 13, 2005

  2. habshi

    Zimmy Guest

    What do you want the chip to do? Yell, "Stop theif!!!" ?

    Zimmy, Jan 13, 2005

  3. On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:15:14 GMT, (habshi) wrote:

    > Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
    >when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

    I think you must have one implanted in your ass... All hindus should
    since their ass has been KOONIed and taken by so many.

    Gulshan Khan (wada-Sain), Jan 13, 2005
  4. habshi

    kaydigi Guest

    "Zimmy" <> wrote in message
    > What do you want the chip to do? Yell, "Stop theif!!!" ?

    LOL, same thing I was thinking.

    kaydigi, Jan 13, 2005
  5. habshi wrote:
    > Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
    > when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

    "expensive car radio" is that what theyre called now? idont know if its
    really a chip, just a basic funtion that remembers a numerical code you
    punch in. and thats mostly oem decks from auomakers. most "expensive car
    radios" have removable faceplates which makes them uselss when stolen.

    and a code has to be punched in whenever battery power is cutoff from
    stereo. if you have to punch in a code into yer tv every time the power
    went out or there was a power surge, that would be quite the pain the ass!

    Comfortably Numb, Jan 13, 2005
  6. habshi

    Justin Guest

    Comfortably Numb wrote on [Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:30:06 GMT]:
    > and a code has to be punched in whenever battery power is cutoff from
    > stereo. if you have to punch in a code into yer tv every time the power
    > went out or there was a power surge, that would be quite the pain the ass!

    Any more annoying than having to reset the clock and sometimes the
    channels?

    Justin, Jan 13, 2005
  7. habshi

    Jordan Guest

    Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
    HUGE!

    Granted, I only have a 52" rear projection set, but it took 2 guys to
    get it upstairs.

    - Jordan

    habshi, Jan 14, 2005
  9. >Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
    >when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

    That could work if you're talking about a 13 inch Sharp Aquos.

    But it would look rather conspicuous if someone tried to skip the register and
    walk out of a store with a Sony Vega Engine. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Jan 14, 2005
  10. Justin wrote:

    > Any more annoying than having to reset the clock and sometimes the
    > channels?

    who actually uses the tv clock!lol

    Comfortably Numb, Jan 14, 2005
  11. LASERandDVDfan wrote:

    > But it would look rather conspicuous if someone tried to skip the register and
    > walk out of a store with a Sony Vega Engine. - Reinhart

    i think hes talking about walking out of someones house with it dude,
    not the store!

    Comfortably Numb, Jan 14, 2005
  12. habshi

    Justin Guest

    Comfortably Numb wrote on [Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:41:27 GMT]:
    > Justin wrote:
    >
    >> Any more annoying than having to reset the clock and sometimes the
    >> channels?

    > who actually uses the tv clock!lol

    I dunno, people that set the TV up as their morning alarm?

    Justin, Jan 14, 2005
  13. habshi

    Donald Link Guest

    On 13 Jan 2005 12:45:09 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:

    >Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
    >HUGE!
    >
    >Granted, I only have a 52" rear projection set, but it took 2 guys to
    >get it upstairs.
    >
    >- Jordan

    Hell, I used to work for a retail company and people heisted boats
    from a display. Thieves are very, very creative. Some even come
    equiped with moving equipment and a truck. They can clean out a house
    much less a small 52 inch TV.

    Donald Link, Jan 14, 2005
  14. habshi

    Richard C. Guest

    "Comfortably Numb" <> wrote in message
    > Justin wrote:
    >
    >> Any more annoying than having to reset the clock and sometimes the
    >> channels?

    > who actually uses the tv clock!lol

    =====================================
    Many people.
    Time shifting. DTV

    Richard C., Jan 14, 2005
  15. habshi

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:30:06 GMT, Comfortably Numb <>
    wrote:

    >"expensive car radio" is that what theyre called now? idont know if its
    >really a chip, just a basic funtion that remembers a numerical code you
    >punch in. and thats mostly oem decks from auomakers. most "expensive car
    >radios" have removable faceplates which makes them uselss when stolen.
    >
    >and a code has to be punched in whenever battery power is cutoff from
    >stereo. if you have to punch in a code into yer tv every time the power
    >went out or there was a power surge, that would be quite the pain the ass!

    Guess it depends on how reliable your power is. I wouldn't mind
    entering the code. How long does it take to enter a 5 or 6 digit
    number? And I assume it would be optional.

    I think there would need to be a way to reset the code though in case
    you forget it. Maybe call the manufacturer and they would give you a
    reset code based on the serial #, after asking enough questions to
    make sure they are talking to the real owner of the set.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Jan 14, 2005
  16. habshi

    Arch Stanton Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:18:52 +0000, Donald Link wrote:

    > On 13 Jan 2005 12:45:09 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
    >>HUGE!
    >>
    >>Granted, I only have a 52" rear projection set, but it took 2 guys to get
    >>it upstairs.
    >>
    >>- Jordan

    > Hell, I used to work for a retail company and people heisted boats from a
    > display. Thieves are very, very creative. Some even come equiped with
    > moving equipment and a truck. They can clean out a house much less a
    > small 52 inch TV.

    Thats a fact. A crew of truck bandits can empty a house in nothing flat,
    including the carpets. The best option is a 12 Gage if you are lucky
    enough to be home at the time. (Assuming that you don't live in a area
    where self defense is a criminal act.)

    AS

    Arch Stanton, Jan 14, 2005
  17. habshi

    Justin Guest

    Arch Stanton wrote on [Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:03:02 -0500]:
    > On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:18:52 +0000, Donald Link wrote:
    >
    >> On 13 Jan 2005 12:45:09 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
    >>>HUGE!
    >>>
    >>>Granted, I only have a 52" rear projection set, but it took 2 guys to get
    >>>it upstairs.
    >>>
    >>>- Jordan

    >> Hell, I used to work for a retail company and people heisted boats from a
    >> display. Thieves are very, very creative. Some even come equiped with
    >> moving equipment and a truck. They can clean out a house much less a
    >> small 52 inch TV.

    > Thats a fact. A crew of truck bandits can empty a house in nothing flat,
    > including the carpets. The best option is a 12 Gage if you are lucky
    > enough to be home at the time. (Assuming that you don't live in a area
    > where self defense is a criminal act.)

    How is shooting a thief self defense? Or are you assuming they have a
    weapon to use on you?

    Justin, Jan 14, 2005
  18. habshi

    Donald Link Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:03:02 -0500, Arch Stanton <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:18:52 +0000, Donald Link wrote:
    >
    >> On 13 Jan 2005 12:45:09 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
    >>>HUGE!
    >>>
    >>>Granted, I only have a 52" rear projection set, but it took 2 guys to get
    >>>it upstairs.
    >>>
    >>>- Jordan

    >> Hell, I used to work for a retail company and people heisted boats from a
    >> display. Thieves are very, very creative. Some even come equiped with
    >> moving equipment and a truck. They can clean out a house much less a
    >> small 52 inch TV.

    >Thats a fact. A crew of truck bandits can empty a house in nothing flat,
    >including the carpets. The best option is a 12 Gage if you are lucky
    >enough to be home at the time. (Assuming that you don't live in a area
    >where self defense is a criminal act.)
    >
    >AS

    A couple of hungry male dobermans is even better. Better than pit
    bulls and a heck of lot faster. Awful hard for home invaders to
    outrun.

    Donald Link, Jan 15, 2005
  19. habshi

    Greg R Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:21:12 -0500, Jon Purkey <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:30:06 GMT, Comfortably Numb <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"expensive car radio" is that what theyre called now? idont know if its
    >>really a chip, just a basic funtion that remembers a numerical code you
    >>punch in. and thats mostly oem decks from auomakers. most "expensive car
    >>radios" have removable faceplates which makes them uselss when stolen.
    >>
    >>and a code has to be punched in whenever battery power is cutoff from
    >>stereo. if you have to punch in a code into yer tv every time the power
    >>went out or there was a power surge, that would be quite the pain the ass!

    >Guess it depends on how reliable your power is. I wouldn't mind
    >entering the code. How long does it take to enter a 5 or 6 digit
    >number? And I assume it would be optional.
    >
    >I think there would need to be a way to reset the code though in case
    >you forget it. Maybe call the manufacturer and they would give you a
    >reset code based on the serial #, after asking enough questions to
    >make sure they are talking to the real owner of the set.
    >
    >-
    >-Jon Purkey - <)
    > For a quicker reply by email please use the
    > address found here: http://tinyurl.com/o8ka

    Don’t Throw your receipt away.

    Anyhow, I bet you could find the reset codes on the web.
    My tv instruction book shows how to reset the vchip. I think you can
    download the instruction booklet from the web.

    Greg R

    Greg R, Jan 15, 2005
  20. habshi

    Greg R Guest

    >Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
    >HUGE!

    I thing they are two big.

    Greg R

    Greg R, Jan 15, 2005