    wanted to see if it was stolen. So I asked. Here is what he said.

    "Some numbers are nicer to me and some are unlucky. I pay higher price
    for the formers and will avoid the latter. It is personal. Thanks."
    RichA, Jun 5, 2013

  2. RichA

    Martin Brown Guest

    On 05/06/2013 03:49, RichA wrote:
    > Guy wanted the serial number to a lens I was selling. I figured he
    > wanted to see if it was stolen. So I asked. Here is what he said.
    >
    > "Some numbers are nicer to me and some are unlucky. I pay higher price
    > for the formers and will avoid the latter. It is personal. Thanks."

    You surely knew that the Chinese and Japanese consider some numbers
    unlucky and as a result tea services are sold in sets of five.

    It wouldn't surprise me if he really wanted to avoid any 4s.

    --
    Regards,
    Martin Brown
    Martin Brown, Jun 5, 2013

  3. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:09:15 AM UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
    > On 05/06/2013 03:49, RichA wrote:
    >
    > > Guy wanted the serial number to a lens I was selling. I figured he

    > > wanted to see if it was stolen. So I asked. Here is what he said.

    > > "Some numbers are nicer to me and some are unlucky. I pay higher price

    > > for the formers and will avoid the latter. It is personal. Thanks."

    > You surely knew that the Chinese and Japanese consider some numbers
    >
    > unlucky and as a result tea services are sold in sets of five.
    >

    > It wouldn't surprise me if he really wanted to avoid any 4s.

    And loved 8s, it's no conicidence that teh bejing Olympics opened at 8pm (china time) on the 8th day of the 8th month in 2008 or didn;t anyone notice.
    Whisky-dave, Jun 5, 2013
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 4, 11:40 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2013-06-04 19:49:50 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >
    > > Guy wanted the serial number to a lens I was selling.  I figured he
    > > wanted to see if it was stolen.  So I asked.  Here is what he said.

    > > "Some numbers are nicer to me and some are unlucky. I pay higher price
    > > for the formers and will avoid the latter. It is personal. Thanks."

    > So, did he get lucky?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck