Child growing up in 30 seconds

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rushtown@aol.com, Jan 6, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Jan 6, 2007

  2. Guest

    , Jan 6, 2007

  3. Andrew Koenig, Jan 7, 2007
  4. Andrew Koenig wrote:
    >> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
    >> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

    Very prescient! Few of us knew then that we'd have U-tube today.
    Interesting piece, and thanks.

    > If you liked that, you may also like this:
    >
    > http://www.zabriskiegallery.com/Nixon/TBS/nixonimages.htm

    This is excellent; had forgotten about this and didn't know it was
    online. It's interesting to me that at some point(s) each one of the
    sisters looks unattractive, but for the most part, each one is very good
    looking.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jan 7, 2007
  5. Annika1980 Guest

    wrote:
    > My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
    > for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

    Very interesting. I'd like to see some fade transitions between the
    images, kinda like a morph. Also, you could parse the number of images
    down, especially in the early years where many of them seem the same.

    Annika1980, Jan 7, 2007
  6. Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
    > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
    > > for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

    > Very interesting. I'd like to see some fade transitions between the
    > images, kinda like a morph. Also, you could parse the number of images
    > down, especially in the early years where many of them seem the same.

    Thanks. This was a first attempt. When Ben was born I took a 35mm
    picture every two weeks. As he got older it was difficult to get him
    to cooperate so some of the pictures are two and three months apart.
    (note the disgusted teenager look in some of the last ones.)

    Look here in a few months. I will take your advice. I took a picture
    of the slides using the close up function on my digital camera. Also I
    can do a better job in focusing and centering and masking next time.
    Thanks for the advice. Andrew Smyth aka Rushtown

    , Jan 7, 2007
  7. Aaron Guest

    And lo, <> emerged from the ether
    and spake thus:

    > wrote:
    >> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
    >> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

    > Here's a version at a higher fps.
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnEDaMqLvo

    It's really getting there, now! You got the nose positioning spot on,
    but I think some of the frames should be scaled a little bit to match
    the edges of his face from one to the next.

    Still, a really cool project.

    --
    Aaron
    http://www.fisheyegallery.com

    Aaron, Jan 9, 2007
  8. Guest

    Aaron wrote:
    > And lo, <> emerged from the ether
    > and spake thus:
    > >
    > > wrote:
    > >> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
    > >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
    > >> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

    > > Here's a version at a higher fps.
    > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnEDaMqLvo

    > It's really getting there, now! You got the nose positioning spot on,
    > but I think some of the frames should be scaled a little bit to match
    > the edges of his face from one to the next.
    >
    > Still, a really cool project.
    >
    > --
    > Aaron
    > http://www.fisheyegallery.com
    > http://www.singleservingphoto.com

    You nailed it. I lined up the left nostril on my computer. When I re
    do it I will have one picture as a type of template and I will vary the
    size of each subsequent picture if needed to match up five or six
    points.
    I should have done a test run way back when and I would have seen the
    need for a uniform background, the need to have Ben always look
    directly at the camera, and the need to measure the distance. Also
    color temperture should have been matched.
    I'll do better with the first grandchild. I was hoping for the
    timelapse effect where you would just see one face gradually morphing.
    Look here again in 14 years. Andrew

    , Jan 10, 2007
  9. Rod Williams Guest

    Aaron wrote:
    > And lo, <> emerged from the ether
    > and spake thus:
    >> wrote:
    >>> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
    >>> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

    >> Here's a version at a higher fps.
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnEDaMqLvo

    > It's really getting there, now! You got the nose positioning spot on,
    > but I think some of the frames should be scaled a little bit to match
    > the edges of his face from one to the next.
    >
    > Still, a really cool project.

    A neutral background would have been nice.

    Rod Williams, Jan 11, 2007