    How can I delete this name??
    Thank
    Luis Ramo
    =?Utf-8?B?QUQgZXJyb3I=?=, Jan 8, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > A few months ago, my boss request me for create two new child domains. Time passes and his ideas never came real, so when I try to deleted a child domain from the domains list, an error appears:
    >
    > Active Directory
    > The DSA object cannot be deleted.
    > ... and just the OK buttom
    >
    > How can I delete this name???

    Did you ever actually *create* the domains by installing DCs in them?

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Dear Laura
    I did not create DCs on them, just promoved to child domains.
    Thanks
    Luis Ramos
    =?Utf-8?B?THVpcyBSYW1vcw==?=, Jan 8, 2004
  4. "Luis Ramos" <> wrote in message
    > promoved

    Promove (verb): to be promote someone due to their bowel movement.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jan 8, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > Dear Laura
    > I did not create DCs on them, just promoved to child domains.
    > Thanks
    > Luis Ramos

    I'm not understanding what this means, sorry. How did you create the
    child domains? Please outline the steps you took. Thank you.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Jan 8, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QUQgZXJyb3I=?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Laura A. Robinson <> wrote
    in news::

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Dear Laura
    >> I did not create DCs on them, just promoved to child domains.
    >> Thanks
    >> Luis Ramos
    >>

    > I'm not understanding what this means, sorry. How did you create the
    > child domains? Please outline the steps you took. Thank you.
    >
    > Laura

    did you not first create the papa & mama domain? or did you go all petri
    dish on us again? i will tell the catholics where you live!

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Well, let me explain you how the entire process was...
    first installed a server and then apply a DCPROMO to convert it to a DC
    After that another DC, isa, file, print and other servers arrived
    So, I used the DCPROMO command to convert "those" new servers into CHILD DOMAINS (to create a tree), which ones dessapeared a couple of weeks later..
    Now I want to delete them (logically of course, coz the were phisically removed, formatted, and so on....) but get this erro

    >>> Active Director
    >>> The DSA object cannot be deleted
    >>> ... and just the OK butto

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?THVpcyBSYW1vcw==?=, Jan 8, 2004
  8. In article <>,
    says...
    > So, I used the DCPROMO command to convert "those" new servers into CHILD DOMAINS (to create a tree), which ones dessapeared a couple of weeks later...
    > Now I want to delete them (logically of course, coz the were phisically removed, formatted, and so on....) but get this error

    Okay, there's your mistake. They should have been dcpromoed back down.
    Use NTDSUtil and metadata cleanup to remove them. If you're not familiar
    with it, see here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230306

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Jan 8, 2004
  9. In article <Xns946A9F71C8D99rowdyyatesnospamlyco@207.46.248.16>,
    says...
    > did you not first create the papa & mama domain? or did you go all petri
    > dish on us again? i will tell the catholics where you live!

    They were stem cell domains.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Jan 8, 2004
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QUQgZXJyb3I=?=

    Brat Guest

    not animatronics? hehe sorry :p

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    "Laura A. Robinson" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Brat, Jan 8, 2004
  11. =?Utf-8?B?QUQgZXJyb3I=?=

    Andy Foster Guest

    "AD error" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > A few months ago, my boss request me for create two new child domains. Time
    > passes and his ideas never came real, so when I try to deleted a child domain
    > from the domains list, an error appears:
    >
    > Active Directory
    > The DSA object cannot be deleted.
    > ... and just the OK buttom
    >
    > How can I delete this name???
    > Thanks
    > Luis Ramos

    Sorry dude, you got the wrong group.
    We only do child abuse, not child domains
    Andy Foster, Jan 9, 2004
  12. Play nice Andy!!
    It was a legit question for a change.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels, Jan 9, 2004
  13. In article <>,
    says...
    > not animatronics? hehe sorry :p

    They weren't *my* domains. :)

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Jan 9, 2004
  14. "Laura A. Robinson" <> wrote
    in message news:...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > not animatronics? hehe sorry :p
    > >

    > They weren't *my* domains. :)
    >
    > Laura

    Logic would follow that if they were *your* domains, then they would be
    animatronics, making you animatron! :)

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601
    Politician Spock, Jan 9, 2004
  15. In article <>,
    says...
    > > > not animatronics? hehe sorry :p
    > > >

    > > They weren't *my* domains. :)
    > >
    > > Laura

    > Logic would follow that if they were *your* domains, then they would be
    > animatronics, making you animatron! :)

    I deny animatronousness. :)
    Laura A. Robinson, Jan 9, 2004
  16. =?Utf-8?B?QUQgZXJyb3I=?=

    JaR Guest

    "Laura A. Robinson" <> wrote
    in message

    > I deny animatronousness. :)

    Animatroniss...animatrisnoo...animatrasiness...Furrfu!
    Easy for you to say!

    My tangue is toungled
    JaR, Jan 9, 2004
  17. You need to use NTDSUTIL and do the metadata cleanup to get rid of those domains and any DCs in it

    DO NOT DELETE THE PRODUCTION DOMAIN!!! Just the child domains. Search the knowledge base at http://support.microsoft.com for more on using NTDSUTIL.
    =?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=, Jan 13, 2004