    PC...

    I'd appreciate any hints from anyone using one of these.

    Claire
    Claire Hurman, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Claire Hurman

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Claire Hurman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anybody else successfully used a Chicony Neatcam 320. Fun little

    camera
    > to use, but damned if I can figure out how to transfer the images to my
    > PC...
    >
    > I'd appreciate any hints from anyone using one of these.
    >
    > Claire

    You should have a CD with a driver on it and perhaps other software on it as
    well. Once you've got the driver installed a good graphics program should
    be able to access it. Irfan View is a good free one, well down the file
    menu you should see something about importing from another device. Select
    your camera and go from there, your installed driver should then run a
    program to view the images and transfer them to Irfan View.
    I don't own one, but suspected and found on the Net that it has a driver.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 14, 2003

  3. "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > You should have a CD with a driver on it and perhaps other software on it

    as
    > well. Once you've got the driver installed a good graphics program should
    > be able to access it. Irfan View is a good free one, well down the file
    > menu you should see something about importing from another device. Select
    > your camera and go from there, your installed driver should then run a
    > program to view the images and transfer them to Irfan View.
    > I don't own one, but suspected and found on the Net that it has a driver.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    The camera forces you to use their software, even when aquiring images from
    within another graphics program, and it is the camera software that refuses
    to transfer multiple images.

    I need advice from someone who has actually used one of these cameras.

    Claire
    Claire Hurman, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Claire Hurman

    > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > > You should have a CD with a driver on it and perhaps other software on

    it
    > as
    > > well. Once you've got the driver installed a good graphics program

    should
    > > be able to access it. Irfan View is a good free one, well down the file
    > > menu you should see something about importing from another device.

    Select
    > > your camera and go from there, your installed driver should then run a
    > > program to view the images and transfer them to Irfan View.
    > > I don't own one, but suspected and found on the Net that it has a

    driver.

    > > E. Scrooge

    > The camera forces you to use their software, even when aquiring images

    from
    > within another graphics program, and it is the camera software that

    refuses
    > to transfer multiple images.
    >
    > I need advice from someone who has actually used one of these cameras.
    >
    > Claire

    That's a bit more precise. People will now know how far you've got. You
    might have to get someone to have a look at it, unless you're lucky enough
    to find someone with the same camera.
    If the camera software lets you preview the pictures properly, then you
    might find the results of that in your "temp" folder. Could be worth
    checking, and even the folder of your software in case something ends up in
    there while previewing them. Another way if you're stuck and can see the
    full previews without a problem is to do screen captures of them.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 14, 2003