ChickenFinder

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Paolo Holzl, Mar 30, 2008.

  1. Paolo Holzl

    Paolo Holzl Guest

    The protection of the business goes for ...router, firewalls, iptables,
    strict change of password, restrictive policy...

    But it will be ever an user Windows so 'it' to put in all danger that?
    No, all they know that they throw not executable not requests, even if with
    names obviously at risk.

    But we are secure?
    I have therefore invented a fine teaching test.
    And 'an executable one (Open Source in Visual Basic).
    I called it ChickenFinder but to the use agrees to reelect it in GameSuper
    PacMan or other names winning, more the name is obviously dangerous more
    the test is significant.
    It put the exe in an attractive directory of net shared under the eyes of
    everything.
    The program tace that user Win threw it, when and from that PC.
    It asks confirmation (and too that track).
    It asks the email (and too that track).
    It asks to record be invented a password (holds of it from account the
    length and if the characters are all equal to understand if is likely, but
    does not memorize it, it does not want to be a spyware).
    Well an escalation of 'stupidity'.
    If an it arrives at the end it Chicken says! (Of default, honestly the
    minimum that says), or what seems yourselves or be able to put us an 'Error
    221 in ExtraCicken. DLL' (in manner that who is fallen down us you do not
    alert other), or can send again to a site that want.
    The output goes out in a file of text with the same name of the program of
    default in the same directory with extension jpg (but is a textual log),
    the eventual configurations go instead in a bmp (other file of text).
    The program can be been depicted and translated in any language executing

    chickenrun configure

    Particularly situations advise to carry the results (without to present the
    names) to who of skill.
    Can be that is better spend better for for the Policy and a little more to
    re-educate the users.
    The not use of layout via Web or FTP is wanted, the program is and should
    stay a do not invasive test.

    CAUTION it is directed to the utilization aside of directors of system that
    should treat the data obtained in consistent manner to the normative one on
    the privacy.
    Normally is correct to talk about the results but not of the persons.

    The program is in English but in a italian site.
    www.holzl.it at and of page 'Security Test ...'.
    Paolo Holzl, Mar 30, 2008

  2. Paolo Holzl

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:00:17 +0200, Paolo Holzl
    <> wrote:

    >The program is in English

    Your spam was not.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Mar 31, 2008

  3. Paolo Holzl

    Paolo Holzl Guest

    >>The program is in English
    > Your spam was not.

    Excuse me for my orrible english.
    It did not want to be a spam but a something make to understand that of the
    times the dangers are bound to the simple things.

    I do not know a spammer that give adress to speak it with him and writes
    with the actual name and surname.
    Paolo Holzl, Apr 3, 2008
  4. Paolo Holzl

    \Reb\ Ruster Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:44:46 +0200, Paolo Holzl
    <> wrote:

    >>>The program is in English

    >> Your spam was not.

    >Excuse me for my orrible english.
    >It did not want to be a spam but a something make to understand that of the
    >times the dangers are bound to the simple things.
    >
    >I do not know a spammer that give adress to speak it with him and writes
    >with the actual name and surname.

    Ciao, Paolo. Io guardai al Suo sito web. Lei sembra avere molti
    programmi utili là. Grazie per le informazioni.
    \Reb\ Ruster, Jun 20, 2008