    Some of you may have seen this stuff, but there is something there
    and it should be seen IMHO.
    http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/
    joevan, Oct 20, 2008

  2. joevan

    Anyolmouse Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dsp83q&s=4
    |
    | The following site has a lot of great pictures taken by that beauty
    | Elana. I had saved her entire site a number of years ago as she had
    | said on that site that she did not know if the page would exist in the
    | future but it has and it has expaneded and gotten better. She is quite
    | a wonder woman. I love that big machine she rides too.
    | Some of you may have seen this stuff, but there is something there
    | and it should be seen IMHO.
    | http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

    I ran across her site some time back by accident when looking for info
    on the 3Mile Island <Gasp> disaster.

    --
    Anyolmouse
    Anyolmouse, Oct 20, 2008

  3. joevan wrote:

    > http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dsp83q&s=4
    >
    > The following site has a lot of great pictures taken by that beauty
    > Elana. I had saved her entire site a number of years ago as she had
    > said on that site that she did not know if the page would exist in the
    > future but it has and it has expaneded and gotten better. She is quite
    > a wonder woman. I love that big machine she rides too.

    You mean the car she used?

    http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/chernobyl_trip/

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 20, 2008
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:20:41 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >
    >> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dsp83q&s=4
    >>
    >> The following site has a lot of great pictures taken by that beauty
    >> Elana. I had saved her entire site a number of years ago as she had
    >> said on that site that she did not know if the page would exist in the
    >> future but it has and it has expaneded and gotten better. She is quite
    >> a wonder woman. I love that big machine she rides too.

    >You mean the car she used?
    >
    >http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/chernobyl_trip/

    Well it would make more sense if she had some help and I thought she
    did all along because some of the pictures of her in the buildings and
    outside were most likely made by someone else and not by a timed
    camera. I see no need to put her down as what she presented is
    timeless. None of us will ever see Chernoble as a city again in our
    life times. Nor will our great, great grandsons and daughter for many
    thousands of years, not that it matters.
    There are some incredible vids on her ever increasing web site.
    When I saved the stuff from her first page I though it might dissapear
    but I am pleased to see it got better.
    I still think she would look great on that big kawasaki ninja.
    I agree with John Ford
    "The pictures of Chernobyl, and what it's become, were real. How much
    does it really matter that she made them more interesting by wrapping
    them in a tale about a solitary motorcycle ride?"
    Thanks for the link, I think it strenghens my admiration for that
    beauty.
    joevan, Oct 20, 2008
  5. joevan wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:20:41 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>joevan wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dsp83q&s=4
    >>>
    >>> The following site has a lot of great pictures taken by that beauty
    >>> Elana. I had saved her entire site a number of years ago as she had
    >>> said on that site that she did not know if the page would exist in the
    >>> future but it has and it has expaneded and gotten better. She is quite
    >>> a wonder woman. I love that big machine she rides too.

    >>You mean the car she used?
    >>
    >>http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/chernobyl_trip/

    > Well it would make more sense if she had some help and I thought she
    > did all along because some of the pictures of her in the buildings and
    > outside were most likely made by someone else and not by a timed
    > camera. I see no need to put her down as what she presented is
    > timeless. None of us will ever see Chernoble as a city again in our
    > life times. Nor will our great, great grandsons and daughter for many
    > thousands of years, not that it matters.
    > There are some incredible vids on her ever increasing web site.
    > When I saved the stuff from her first page I though it might dissapear
    > but I am pleased to see it got better.
    > I still think she would look great on that big kawasaki ninja.

    If there had been one, perhaps.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 21, 2008
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:26:28 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:20:41 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>You mean the car she used?
    >>>
    >>>http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/chernobyl_trip/

    >> Well it would make more sense if she had some help and I thought she
    >> did all along because some of the pictures of her in the buildings and
    >> outside were most likely made by someone else and not by a timed
    >> camera. I see no need to put her down as what she presented is
    >> timeless. None of us will ever see Chernoble as a city again in our
    >> life times. Nor will our great, great grandsons and daughter for many
    >> thousands of years, not that it matters.
    >> There are some incredible vids on her ever increasing web site.
    >> When I saved the stuff from her first page I though it might dissapear
    >> but I am pleased to see it got better.
    >> I still think she would look great on that big kawasaki ninja.

    >If there had been one, perhaps.

    Ok another picture coming up. I would love to be riding her er on it
    with her. g> There are a couple pics here, you may already have seen
    them but she is nice next to that machine. She would be nice next to
    mine too.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4kwutj&s=4
    joevan, Oct 21, 2008
  7. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:40:27 -0400, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:26:28 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>joevan wrote:

    >>> Well it would make more sense if she had some help and I thought she
    >>> did all along because some of the pictures of her in the buildings and
    >>> outside were most likely made by someone else and not by a timed
    >>> camera. I see no need to put her down as what she presented is
    >>> timeless. None of us will ever see Chernoble as a city again in our
    >>> life times. Nor will our great, great grandsons and daughter for many
    >>> thousands of years, not that it matters.
    >>> There are some incredible vids on her ever increasing web site.
    >>> When I saved the stuff from her first page I though it might dissapear
    >>> but I am pleased to see it got better.
    >>> I still think she would look great on that big kawasaki ninja.

    >>If there had been one, perhaps.

    >Ok another picture coming up. I would love to be riding her er on it
    >with her. g> There are a couple pics here, you may already have seen
    >them but she is nice next to that machine. She would be nice next to
    >mine too.
    >http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4kwutj&s=4

    That did not work well. Only the second picture came through. I guess
    you can't add a second picture. Will try one more then to bed. Have an
    eye exam tomorrow and maybe I will be able to have lenses implnate and
    throw away my eye glasse after 18 years.
    Anyway, here she is.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fjdaae&s=4
    joevan, Oct 21, 2008
  8. joevan

    elaich Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > Well it would make more sense if she had some help and I thought she
    > did all along because some of the pictures of her in the buildings and
    > outside were most likely made by someone else and not by a timed
    > camera.

    She says on her site that her dad sometimes accompanies her.
    elaich, Oct 21, 2008
  9. joevan

    thanatoid Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

    Quite a coincidence she would have the Stalin quote I have had
    as my sig for several weeks in her "stolen election" section.
    Small world. Well, it's not THAT unique of a quote I guess.

    http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/orangerevolution/p
    age1.html

    --
    Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the
    votes decide everything.

    NB: Not only is my KF over 4 KB and growing, I am also filtering
    everything from discussions.microsoft and google groups, so no
    offense if you don't get a reply/comment unless I see you quoted
    in another post.
    thanatoid, Oct 21, 2008
  10. joevan

    thanatoid Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fjdaae&s=4

    Well, at least she is fairly Russian-looking here. The small pic
    with the sunglasses looks like something from a bad Italian
    movie from the 60's. You obviously have a crush on her. I /have/
    seen far worse looking women and her site is rather well put
    together for an amateur, although one wonders how much she had
    to do with it, just as now we know her motorcycle never went
    there with her to take the pictures.

    I don't know, but when you present a photo reportage and claim
    it is 100% genuine - for me anyway - not being accurate (I
    didn't wasn't to offend you by saying "lying" but that's really
    what it was) casts a taint. Poetic license is (debatably) for
    poetry and other art forms. Photographs of Chernobyl are not
    poetry, at least not for most people.

    thanatoid, Oct 21, 2008
  11. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On 21 Oct 2008 02:10:47 GMT, elaich <> wrote:

    >joevan <> wrote in
    >
    >> Well it would make more sense if she had some help and I thought she
    >> did all along because some of the pictures of her in the buildings and
    >> outside were most likely made by someone else and not by a timed
    >> camera.

    >She says on her site that her dad sometimes accompanies her.

    May have been her original page or a very early one I have saved to
    file. The html chapters and pictures all have the date of 3-30-04 and
    I don't think she said such on that page. I will go through it all
    again as it is rather amazing.
    joevan, Oct 21, 2008
  12. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:28:43 -0400, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On 21 Oct 2008 02:10:47 GMT, elaich <> wrote:
    >
    >>joevan <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Well it would make more sense if she had some help and I thought she
    >>> did all along because some of the pictures of her in the buildings and
    >>> outside were most likely made by someone else and not by a timed
    >>> camera.

    >>She says on her site that her dad sometimes accompanies her.

    >May have been her original page or a very early one I have saved to
    >file. The html chapters and pictures all have the date of 3-30-04 and
    >I don't think she said such on that page. I will go through it all
    >again as it is rather amazing.

    Chapter 2 of the 27 chapters she writes the following but not that her
    dad was with her.

    In Ukrainian language Chernobyl is a name for a grass, wormwood
    (absinth) This word scares holly bejesus out of people here. If I tell
    someone that I am heading in a "dead zone"... you know, what I hear..
    In best case- "are you nuts?" My dad used to say that people afraid of
    a thing which they can not see, can not feel, can not smell and that
    kills. Dad is nuclear physicist and he also says that of all dangerous
    things in my life, he can only think about one, which is riding my
    bike on fifth or sixth gear. In any way, dad and their team work in
    "dead zone" for last 18 years. They doing researches from the day when
    nuclear disaster happened. The rest of guys in a team are
    microbiologists, doctors, botanists.. etc. I was 7 years old back in
    1986 and in a few hours after accident happened dad sent us with
    sister off with the train to Grandmother. Granny lives 800 kms from
    here and dad wasn't sure if it was far enough for us to stay away of
    troubles. Communists kept silence about this accident. In Kiev, they
    forced people to take part in their stupid labor day parade and then
    people start learning about accident from foreign radio, from
    relatives of those who died and real panic began in 7-10 days after
    accident. Dad says, that in those first 10 days exposure to radiation
    was the most powerful and can not even be compared with what we have
    now
    joevan, Oct 21, 2008
  13. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:43:29 -0400, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >The html chapters and pictures all have the date of 3-30-04 and
    >>I don't think she said such on that page. I will go through it all
    >>again as it is rather amazing.

    This below from chapter 10 of the original pages I have. Sort of
    colorful language and I find it sort of honest. Things have changed
    since over 4 years ago but I still find what she started fascinating.

    Atomic Plant
    Usually, beeping of dosimeter speed me up and I pass this part of road
    as fast as road condition allow. The place in front of me called red
    or magic wood. In 1986 this wood has been red with radiation and then
    they cut it off and left there and bury under 1 meter of earth. As you
    can see, on asphalt things not bad, but if I step 10 meters forward,
    my dosimeter will run out of scale, if I walk few hundred meters
    towards reactor, then I will find 3 roengen. If I keep walking all the
    way to reactor, then at the end of a journey I will glow in a dark.
    May be this is why they call it a magic wood. this sort of a magic
    when one walk in in a biker leather and coming out like a knight in a
    shinning armour.
    joevan, Oct 21, 2008
  14. joevan

    elaich Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > I don't know, but when you present a photo reportage and claim
    > it is 100% genuine - for me anyway - not being accurate (I
    > didn't wasn't to offend you by saying "lying" but that's really
    > what it was) casts a taint. Poetic license is (debatably) for
    > poetry and other art forms. Photographs of Chernobyl are not
    > poetry, at least not for most people.

    I didn't know about the "hoax" element of this until last night. So, she
    used poetic license, and that's a shame, because the pictures are real
    enough. It tarnishes her credibility. She should have just let the pictures
    speak for themselves.

    I still have a lot of questions. If all she did was take the officially
    sanctioned car tour, how did she get so many pictures of so many different
    areas? She has (she claims) pictures of places the car tour does not go.
    And there is a segment of pictures obviously taken at night by the headlamp
    of a motorcycle. Many of her pictures are verified as being from the
    radioactive areas by her putting her Geiger Counter in the field.

    I don't think the whole truth is being told, and do definitely believe her
    when she says the extent of this tragedy is still being covered up. There
    are vested interests that want to move ahead with nuclear power, and I
    believe wholeheartedly that the powers that be would go out of their way to
    allow it. A malfunctioning nuclear plant could destroy this planet, and
    that's too high a price to pay for electricity. Humans survived for
    thousands of years without it.
    elaich, Oct 21, 2008