    enabling the goods to be sent?

    I am trying to find why the goods have not been received,

    Thanks, Mick.

    Mick, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Mick

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 08:27:33 +0100, Mick wrote:

    > If a cheque I paid someone for goods was banked, on a Saturday morning in
    > one of the main name banks in the UK, when should it have cleared by
    > enabling the goods to be sent?
    >
    > I am trying to find why the goods have not been received,
    >
    > Thanks, Mick.

    The following Wednesday or Thursday

    Gordon, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Mick

    Stickems. Guest

    It can take upto a week to clear. But also be aware that an unscrupulous
    Bank can subsequently debit the amount, should the paying Bank renege for
    any reason. This has happened to me a fortnight after the cheque was
    credited to my account.

    Stickems., Aug 7, 2005
  4. Mick

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Certain UK banks, typically those that were originally Building Societies,
    can take 10 days and thats business days (mon - fri)

    Lost in the post? its happened to me more than once

    MrGrumpy, Aug 7, 2005
  5. Mick

    Bigbri Guest

    If a cheque I paid someone for goods was banked, on a Saturday morning in
    one of the main name banks in the UK, when should it have cleared by
    enabling the goods to be sent?

    I am trying to find why the goods have not been received,

    Thanks, Mick.

    Check your own account when the cheque is passed for payment your account
    will be debited

    --
    Bigbri

    Bigbri, Aug 7, 2005
  6. Mick

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:27:08 +0000, Bigbri wrote:

    > If a cheque I paid someone for goods was banked, on a Saturday morning in
    > one of the main name banks in the UK, when should it have cleared by
    > enabling the goods to be sent?
    >
    > I am trying to find why the goods have not been received,
    >
    > Thanks, Mick.
    >

    > Check your own account when the cheque is passed for payment your account
    > will be debited

    Uh no. Your account will be debited several days BEFORE the cheque clears
    on the payees account. That's how banks make their money.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Kubuntu 5.04 and Open Office 2.0

    Gordon, Aug 7, 2005
  7. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "Bigbri" <zz@overthere.> wrote in message
    > If a cheque I paid someone for goods was banked, on a Saturday morning in
    > one of the main name banks in the UK, when should it have cleared by
    > enabling the goods to be sent?
    >
    > I am trying to find why the goods have not been received,
    >
    > Thanks, Mick.
    >

    > Check your own account when the cheque is passed for payment your account
    > will be debited
    >

    > --
    > Bigbri

    Thanks, I have checked and it has cleared!
    Mick.

    Mick, Aug 7, 2005
  8. blame canada

    FatBobRoundPants, Aug 7, 2005
  9. Mick

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 17:42:50 +0100, Mick wrote:

    > "Bigbri" <zz@overthere.> wrote in message
    >> If a cheque I paid someone for goods was banked, on a Saturday morning in
    >> one of the main name banks in the UK, when should it have cleared by
    >> enabling the goods to be sent?
    >>
    >> I am trying to find why the goods have not been received,
    >>
    >> Thanks, Mick.
    >>

    >> Check your own account when the cheque is passed for payment your account
    >> will be debited
    >>

    >> --
    >> Bigbri

    > Thanks, I have checked and it has cleared!
    > Mick.

    The fact that it has been debited to your account does NOT mean that there
    are cleared funds in the payees account. See my other post.

    Gordon, Aug 7, 2005
  10. Mick

    Mikey S. Guest

    To: FatBoyRoundPants

    Canadian trying to make sense of that "blame canada" and to tie it in with "
    =UK= Bank and Check Clearing".

    We got just about the fastest system in the universe here.
    Debit and Credit-wise.

    Mikey S., Aug 7, 2005