    phone line. I thought that number was 511, but that's not working.
    What IS the number I dial to learn the number assigned to a phone
    line?

    usenetdg, Aug 25, 2003

  2. usenetdg

    Ed Malphrus Guest

    "usenetdg" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I know that in the US, there's a number you can dial, and you will get
    > a recording telling you what telephone number is assigned to that
    > phone line. I thought that number was 511, but that's not working.
    > What IS the number I dial to learn the number assigned to a phone
    > line?

    Go to groups.google.com and do a search in the alt.2600 group(s). It seems
    that the ANI you're looking for is regulated by each local company and may
    change from time to time.

    Ed Malphrus, Aug 25, 2003

  3. usenetdg

    JK_Deth Guest

    Try 211

    JK_Deth, Aug 26, 2003
  4. usenetdg

    JabberSmith Guest

    "usenetdg" <> wrote in message
    > I know that in the US, there's a number you can dial, and you will get
    > a recording telling you what telephone number is assigned to that
    > phone line. I thought that number was 511, but that's not working.
    > What IS the number I dial to learn the number assigned to a phone
    > line?

    Dial out to a pal and have them *69 you. (Callback feature, not a crude
    reference.)

    JabberSmith, Aug 26, 2003
  5. usenetdg

    Ed Malphrus Guest