    machine? I know one way is to right click My Computer and select Properties
    then look on the General tab. There has to be one more way to check this from
    inside Windows 98.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGVxbHVtcA==?=, Dec 4, 2005

  2. Though you are in the wrong newsgroup, if you are looking for support...
    I will assume that you are taking a Windows 98 test for your Microsoft
    Certifications or some other certification...

    Start...Settings...Control Panel...System

    Start...Run... Type in "command" minus the quotes.
    "mem" (or "mem /c /p" )
    This, however, will not return an accurate figure if the system has more
    than 64MB of RAM in it.

    If you have Office, you can bring up the Help...About Microsoft Office.
    Click the System Info button.

    Belarc Advisor (www.belarc.com) will give you more than you could want to
    know about a system. It might not work on 98...but it used to do it quite
    nicely.

    Cheers,

    Bob
    --
    Bob Christian II
    MVP - LCS

    Bob Christian, Dec 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGVxbHVtcA==?=

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 21:30:02 -0800, "=?Utf-8?B?VGVxbHVtcA==?="
    <> wrote:

    >Can someone tell me at least two ways to check system memory on a Windows 98
    >machine? I know one way is to right click My Computer and select Properties
    >then look on the General tab. There has to be one more way to check this from
    >inside Windows 98.

    Start - Control Panel - Config - System (opens the same screen)
    Start - Run - DXDiag
    Start - Programs - Accessoiries - System - System Info
    (Please note: I just guess for these names in an English version.
    To lazy to boot a proper W98, just for the names.)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, Dec 4, 2005