    Thanks,
    --
    Jack
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Mar 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

    george Guest

    Try here;
    ShieldsUp by Gibson Research https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    george

    george, Mar 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

    JE Guest

    Thanks George, I will take a look and THANKS!

    JE, Mar 4, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    First bear in mind that though the same word Security is used to describe
    secure Internet Connection and Secure Wireless there is No relation between
    the two from a Computer functioning perspective.
    Wireless Security has Nothing to do with securing the Internet Connection,
    which is what GRC, and MacAfee security scanners Test.
    Wireless is just a replacement for a Wire and thus can be intercepted by
    people in the neighborhood attaching then self to your Signal and use your
    LAN. To avoid Local Tapping there is Wireless Security measures . These
    measures are unique the Wireless components, and have to be used even if
    there is No Internet Connection.
    Link to: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    The Firewall/AntiVirus/AntiSpy applications are the one that protect the
    Internet connection from being invaded, and preventing your LAN computers
    from transmitting out to the Internet privileged information.
    Each computer on your Network that has access to the Internet should have
    its own Internet Connection protection regardless of whether you use Wire or
    Wireless.
    Internet -Basic protection: http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html
    In addition you should have tools available to clean your computers if they
    get Infested with Internet "Junk".
    Internet Infestation: http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html
    Basic Steps in cleaning Internet "Junk" - http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

    JE Guest

    Thanks Jack.

    This is the first I have ever used wireless and after doing everything I
    have been advised to do and then running the McAfee WiFi scan they have
    online, I got just a little paranoid. You have helped me out.

    Thanks,
    Jack

    JE, Mar 4, 2005