    account.

    Thanks

    JAS
    JAS, Dec 28, 2004

  2. JAS

    Jan Kriege Guest

    JAS wrote:
    > How do I set up Thunderbird to check my Hotmail account?

    TB can't check your Hotmail-Account. It only works with POP3 and IMAP
    accounts and not with HTTP.
    Maybe there is an extension that can do the job, but it isn't worth
    trying: AFAIK Microsoft will disable free access via Mailclient in 2005

    Jan
    Jan Kriege, Dec 28, 2004

  3. JAS

    Posco Guest

    Jan Kriege wrote:
    > JAS wrote:
    >
    >>How do I set up Thunderbird to check my Hotmail account?

    > TB can't check your Hotmail-Account. It only works with POP3 and IMAP
    > accounts and not with HTTP.
    > Maybe there is an extension that can do the job, but it isn't worth
    > trying: AFAIK Microsoft will disable free access via Mailclient in 2005
    >
    > Jan

    I use hotpop from http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/ and have had no problems
    checking 2 hotmail accounts using it.

    Posco.
    Posco, Dec 28, 2004
  4. Posco wrote:
    > Jan Kriege wrote:
    >
    >> JAS wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I set up Thunderbird to check my Hotmail account?

    >> TB can't check your Hotmail-Account. It only works with POP3 and IMAP
    >> accounts and not with HTTP.
    >> Maybe there is an extension that can do the job, but it isn't worth
    >> trying: AFAIK Microsoft will disable free access via Mailclient in 2005
    >>
    >> Jan

    > I use hotpop from http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/ and have had no problems
    > checking 2 hotmail accounts using it.
    >
    > Posco.

    Its a paid app though.

    There is a freeware app that will set up a proxy for Hotmail, Yahoo,
    Netscape, and many other webmail accounts, FreePops:

    http://www.freepops.org/en/

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 31, 2004
  5. JAS

    GK Guest

    Checking Yahool account with Thunderbird???

    Has anyone had any success with Yahoo and Thunderbird? As I recall, the
    last time I tried with another email client, MR2Win, I believe, I was
    able to receive, but never send. I'm sure I had the SMTP protocol set
    properly.

    GK
    GK, Dec 31, 2004
  6. Re: Checking Yahool account with Thunderbird???

    GK wrote:
    > Has anyone had any success with Yahoo and Thunderbird? As I recall, the
    > last time I tried with another email client, MR2Win, I believe, I was
    > able to receive, but never send. I'm sure I had the SMTP protocol set
    > properly.
    >
    > GK

    It helps to quote at least some posted material, for context.

    Are you referring to Yahoo mail with FreePops? If so, I just leave the
    outgoing server set to the default, which sends mail just fine.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 31, 2004
  7. JAS

    bejay Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:59:02 GMT, GK <> wrote:

    >Has anyone had any success with Yahoo and Thunderbird? As I recall, the
    >last time I tried with another email client, MR2Win, I believe, I was
    >able to receive, but never send. I'm sure I had the SMTP protocol set
    >properly.
    >
    >GK

    Thunderbird sends and receives mail from yahoo.co.uk just fine for me.

    BP
    bejay, Jan 1, 2005