    describing the algoritms behind such self-checking procedures?
    Best Regards

    , Jan 30, 2005

  2. Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello dear newsgroup participants,
    > following question:
    > CheckHeap and CheckStack (this as part of per-minute jobs)
    > run on many routers. Following questions: Does someone here
    > know how they work? Could someone point me to any document
    > describing the algoritms behind such self-checking procedures?
    > Best Regards

    AFAIK, there's no such thing on cisco web that is available to public
    access....

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Hansang Bae Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello dear newsgroup participants,
    > following question:
    > CheckHeap and CheckStack (this as part of per-minute jobs)
    > run on many routers. Following questions: Does someone here
    > know how they work? Could someone point me to any document
    > describing the algoritms behind such self-checking procedures?

    I don't know that there are any public information on such topics. But
    if you have access to a book store/library, check out:

    Cisco IP Routing: Packet Forwarding & Intra-domain Routing Protocols
    by Alex Zinin

    or

    Inside Cisco IOS Software Architecture (CCIE Professional Development)
    by Russ White et al

    Both books should be mandatory reading for anyone serious about
    Cisco/routing. The second book is a bit dated and I can't wait for the
    second volume to come out. I know one of the authors who's currently
    writing the book and he is one sharp cookie. When I grow up, I wish I
    could be like him! :)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 31, 2005
  4. Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <g1tLd.75220$>,
    says...
    > Both books should be mandatory reading for anyone serious about
    > Cisco/routing. The second book is a bit dated and I can't wait for the
    > second volume to come out. I know one of the authors who's currently
    > writing the book and he is one sharp cookie. When I grow up, I wish I
    > could be like him! :)

    Any estimated dates for 2nd volume??? First one was totally great..

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 31, 2005
  5. Hansang Bae Guest

    Ivan Ostre wrote:
    > Any estimated dates for 2nd volume??? First one was totally great..

    Not really. He keeps getting pulled in for "fire drills" and that
    takes precedence (of course). Hopefully, he can pull it together for
    this year!

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 31, 2005