Checkerboard Google Maps in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Valve, May 26, 2006.

  1. Valve

    Valve Guest

    Valve, May 26, 2006

  2. Valve

    kes Guest

    I can see the map in its entirety - no problem. (FF 1.5.0.3, under Win
    XP, SP2)

    kes, May 26, 2006

  3. Valve

    mhagen Guest

    kes wrote:
    > I can see the map in its entirety - no problem. (FF 1.5.0.3, under Win
    > XP, SP2)
    >
    > Valve wrote:
    >> HI I am getting a checkerboard effect when I view Google maps in
    >> Firefox 1.5. Every other map square is not displayed.
    >>
    >> e.g. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oi=eu_map&q=Warkworth&hl=en

    I get that all the time. Very frustrating. I suspect its my very slow
    dial up at fault.

    mhagen, May 26, 2006
  4. On 2006-05-26, Valve <> wrote:

    > HI I am getting a checkerboard effect when I view Google maps in
    > Firefox 1.5. Every other map square is not displayed.
    >
    > e.g. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oi=eu_map&q=Warkworth&hl=en

    Looks fine here: linux-2.6.14 and firefox-1.5.0.3

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, May 28, 2006
  5. Valve

    Valve Guest

    Possibly a performance thing. The page takes ages to load. Oddly
    through 2 meg broadband.

    Valve, Jun 5, 2006