Check out this high mag macro lens for micro 4/3rds

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Apr 18, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >http://shashinki.com/shop/yasuhara-nanoha-macro-lens-micro-mount-cameras-p-10126.html
    >
    >About $650.00 U.S.

    Change the currency on the web page to US$; it comes out at $701.05.

    It's available on Amazon.com for "only" $536.00 + $11.49 shipping from
    Slovakia or $499.00 at B&H.

    Interesting that no focal length is quoted, but I understand it is
    about 65mm. Also interesting that it stops down to f/32 by which
    aperture the loss of acuity due to diffraction will be severe.

    Designed in Japan but made in China so you won't like it, even though
    the barrel and mount are metal.
    Bruce, Apr 18, 2012

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Apr 18, 12:28 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >http://shashinki.com/shop/yasuhara-nanoha-macro-lens-micro-mount-came...

    > >About $650.00 U.S.

    > Change the currency on the web page to US$; it comes out at $701.05.
    >
    > It's available on Amazon.com for "only" $536.00 + $11.49 shipping from
    > Slovakia or $499.00 at B&H.
    >
    > Interesting that no focal length is quoted, but I understand it is
    > about 65mm.  Also interesting that it stops down to f/32 by which
    > aperture the loss of acuity due to diffraction will be severe.
    >
    > Designed in Japan but made in China so you won't like it, even though
    > the barrel and mount are metal.

    I don't mind the Samyang stuff from Korea, perhaps the can make me a
    special copy there?
    RichA, Apr 18, 2012
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >On Apr 18, 12:28 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >> >http://shashinki.com/shop/yasuhara-nanoha-macro-lens-micro-mount-came...

    >> >About $650.00 U.S.

    >> Change the currency on the web page to US$; it comes out at $701.05.
    >>
    >> It's available on Amazon.com for "only" $536.00 + $11.49 shipping from
    >> Slovakia or $499.00 at B&H.
    >>
    >> Interesting that no focal length is quoted, but I understand it is
    >> about 65mm.  Also interesting that it stops down to f/32 by which
    >> aperture the loss of acuity due to diffraction will be severe.
    >>
    >> Designed in Japan but made in China so you won't like it, even though
    >> the barrel and mount are metal.

    > I don't mind the Samyang stuff from Korea, perhaps the can make me a
    >special copy there?

    What? You buy things that are ... MADE IN KOREA ?????

    <shudder>

    ;-)
    Bruce, Apr 18, 2012