    --
    Visit Flights Of Fantasy...
    http://eternity.home.comcast.net/

    Eternity, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Eternity

    John Holmes Guest

    Eternity came up with this:

    > Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is an alt code to make a check
    > mark? Or if anyone knows a way to do it...
    > Thanks
    > Eternity

    You mean [ALT]251 ?

    --
    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Eternity

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 08:32:58 -0500, Eternity wrote:

    >Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is an alt code to make a check mark?

    www.google.com , search for

    Extended ASCII Display Characters
    or
    download a maths font
    or
    If it's a PC (or maybe MAC) look through the Windings code 0xFC (type)
    of fonts.

    >Or if anyone knows a way to do it...
    >Thanks
    >Eternity

    Me

    why?, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Eternity

    Eternity Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Eternity came up with this:
    >
    > > Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is an alt code to make a check
    > > mark? Or if anyone knows a way to do it...
    > > Thanks
    > > Eternity
    > >

    > You mean [ALT]251 ?

    Awesome! Thanks so much!!
    Hugs
    Eternity

    Eternity, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Eternity

    Eternity Guest

    "Eternity" <> wrote in message

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > > Eternity came up with this:
    > >
    > > > Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is an alt code to make a check
    > > > mark? Or if anyone knows a way to do it...
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Eternity
    > > >

    > > You mean [ALT]251 ?

    When I try to use it in Works Spreadsheet, it just comes out like a letter
    "v"...

    Eternity, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Eternity

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:09:27 -0500, Eternity wrote:

    >"Eternity" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> > Eternity came up with this:

    >> > You mean [ALT]251 ?
    >> >

    >When I try to use it in Works Spreadsheet, it just comes out like a letter
    >"v"...

    It may not be the same character for every font set. Have you tried the
    character map? You can pick / copy the character you need then past into
    the application.

    Me

    why?, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Eternity

    Eternity Guest

    > On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:09:27 -0500, Eternity wrote:
    >

    > >"Eternity" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "John Holmes" <> wrote in message

    check

    > >When I try to use it in Works Spreadsheet, it just comes out like a

    letter
    > >"v"...

    > It may not be the same character for every font set. Have you tried the
    > character map? You can pick / copy the character you need then past into
    > the application.

    Where do I find that?
    Thanks
    Eternity

    Eternity, Dec 7, 2003
  8. Eternity

    Eternity Guest

    "Eternity" <> wrote in message

    > "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
    > >
    > > On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:09:27 -0500, Eternity wrote:
    > >

    > > >"Eternity" <> wrote in message

    > check

    > > >When I try to use it in Works Spreadsheet, it just comes out like a

    > letter
    > > >"v"...

    > > It may not be the same character for every font set. Have you tried the
    > > character map? You can pick / copy the character you need then past into
    > > the application.

    Nevermind....found it. But when I paste the symbol into Spreadsheet, it
    comes up a question mark...

    Eternity, Dec 7, 2003
  9. Eternity

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:38:24 -0500, in
    <bqvoie$27dfr3$-berlin.de>
    Eternity scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Nevermind....found it. But when I paste the symbol into
    >Spreadsheet, it comes up a question mark...

    Because, as you have already been told, it depends on the
    font being used. All normal system fonts do *not* have
    the check mark. You can find it in fonts such as wingdings,
    amongst others.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 7, 2003
  10. Eternity

    HotMaMa

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    HOHO! :yell:

    HotMaMa, May 4, 2011
  11. Eternity

    vongeuca

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    california
    This thread very many informations and I'll try it....
    [​IMG]

    vongeuca, May 4, 2011