Cheating has become easy in MS exams!

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Ravishankar.N, Jan 13, 2008.

  1. While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.

    Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my interest
    in getting certified in MS technologies.

    Any echoes????
     
    Ravishankar.N, Jan 13, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ravishankar.N

    John R Guest

    "Ravishankar.N" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    > there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    > got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    > found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    > numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.
    >
    > Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my
    > interest
    > in getting certified in MS technologies.
    >
    > Any echoes????


    People who use these tactics to get certified hurt the entire certification
    program. Managers hire them, and find out they don't know jack, and then
    associate that experience with other certified candiates, which devalues
    your hard work in earning it. However, certifications are about certifying
    your experience. Thus, if you actually have the experience, you can use the
    certification as supporting evidence that you do know your stuff, and you
    should market yourself that way. If you struggled through the learning
    enough to actually pass the tests without any real world experience, first,
    congratulations because that wasn't easy, but second, don't fool yourself
    into believing that you are ready to be set loose on someones network
    unsupervised. Most informed managers will look for experience first (as
    they should) and education and certifications second.

    John R
     
    John R, Jan 13, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Ravishankar.N

    Guest

    Don't think this problem is unique to Microsoft exams. It's also
    apparent with many different certifications, even some non-technical
    certifications.

    The good news is that many hiring managers are also aware of the
    problem and with a little bit of questioning during an interview they
    can often identify the person that has studied questions and answers
    only to pass a test compared to the person that actually knows the
    product.

    And for the ones that get hired without any in-depth knowledge of the
    product, it usually doesn't take long for this to become apparent.

    I agree with John R. that it is possible to study the product and
    become knowledgeable enough to pass the test without real world
    experience (and without simply studying questions and answers). I
    teach college classes to people in this category all the time.
    However, they don't try to pass themselves off as experts. Instead,
    they get entry level jobs and work themselves up the IT ladder as
    quick as their dedication and aptitude allows.

    As John R says, experience and education are of primary importance,
    but often it's the certification that gets you called for the
    interview.

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    Mcitpsuccess.com
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    On Jan 13, 1:32 pm, "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:
    > "Ravishankar.N" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...
    >
    > > While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    > > there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    > > got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    > > found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    > > numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.

    >
    > > Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my
    > > interest
    > > in getting certified in MS technologies.

    >
    > > Any echoes????

    >
    > People who use these tactics to get certified hurt the entire certification
    > program.  Managers hire them, and find out they don't know jack, and then
    > associate that experience with other certified candiates, which devalues
    > your hard work in earning it.  However, certifications are about certifying
    > your experience.  Thus, if you actually have the experience, you can use the
    > certification as supporting evidence that you do know your stuff, and you
    > should market yourself that way.  If you struggled through the learning
    > enough to actually pass the tests without any real world experience, first,
    > congratulations because that wasn't easy, but second, don't fool yourself
    > into believing that you are ready to be set loose on someones network
    > unsupervised.  Most informed managers will look for experience first (as
    > they should) and education and certifications second.
    >
    > John R
     
    , Jan 13, 2008
    #3
  4. Do you like IT? Do you like helping people to solve their IT problems?
    Would you appreciate yourself when you can do something the right way?

    If no, you should not continue your career in IT. You will find many people
    around you do their job using the dirtiest way. Your colleagues may read
    dumps to get certify. Your assistants may ask you for dumps. You boss
    expects you to have read dumps, even if you haven't. The managers want more
    ppl to get certify through dumps, just because they want more business
    opportunities, not because they need the real skill behind the cert. The
    software publisher (MS) wants more ppl to get certify so more ppl can help
    them sale the product, no matter what way they use.

    Try to join beta exams. If you can't get an invitation for beta, try your
    best to take the live exam as soon as possible. Still, no one will
    appreciate your hard work. Those sales and marketing ppl who designs bad
    solutions usually help the company earn the most profits, and they pass
    exams by dumps. You can't change other ppl's mind. You just can't change
    the world.


    > While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    > there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    > got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    > found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    > numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.
    >
    > Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my

    interest
    > in getting certified in MS technologies.
    >
    > Any echoes????
     
    Anonymous Reader, Jan 14, 2008
    #4
  5. Anonymous Reader wrote:
    > Do you like IT? Do you like helping people to solve their IT problems?
    > Would you appreciate yourself when you can do something the right way?
    >
    > If no, you should not continue your career in IT. You will find many people
    > around you do their job using the dirtiest way. Your colleagues may read
    > dumps to get certify. Your assistants may ask you for dumps. You boss
    > expects you to have read dumps, even if you haven't. The managers want more
    > ppl to get certify through dumps, just because they want more business
    > opportunities, not because they need the real skill behind the cert. The
    > software publisher (MS) wants more ppl to get certify so more ppl can help
    > them sale the product, no matter what way they use.
    >
    > Try to join beta exams. If you can't get an invitation for beta, try your
    > best to take the live exam as soon as possible. Still, no one will
    > appreciate your hard work. Those sales and marketing ppl who designs bad
    > solutions usually help the company earn the most profits, and they pass
    > exams by dumps. You can't change other ppl's mind. You just can't change
    > the world.
    >
    >
    >> While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    >> there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    >> got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    >> found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    >> numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.
    >>
    >> Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my

    > interest
    >> in getting certified in MS technologies.
    >>
    >> Any echoes????

    >
    >

    That is why a certification like MCSE has almost no value in many places.
    Im finishing my MCSE presently( only 70-297 and 70-284 to go) and belive
    me there are alot o things wrong in Microsoft Certification Programs.

    First of all the MOC is ridiculus. You only cover about 30% of what you
    should.
    The trainers? god...... most of them know less then we do. If Microsoft
    wants to change the their certifications start with the trainers.
    Avaluate them based on expirience, labs and interviews and not in exams
    like the ones we have.
    I have people in my class that still dont know exactly how dcpromo works
    but they managed to get 900+ scores in exams.
    How? they just memorize the questions and the awnsers.

    I hope that thing change for the better because it is humiliating for
    all of us.
     
    Filipe Matias, Jan 15, 2008
    #5
  6. Ravishankar.N

    Dude Guest

    Microsoft has always discouraged the use of Brain Dumps. I think new exams
    are pretty fair. As exams mature, Microsoft has to make the exams more
    difficult by increasing the passing score and adding more difficult questions
    to counter the brain dumps. Soon the Microsoft exams get so difficult that
    even studying from one of Microsoft's own MOC books isn't enough to pass the
    exam.

    I felt this way after failing the 70-292 exam twice. This exam was loaded
    with 'curve ball' trick questions not covered in most study materials. A
    brain dump wound have been the only to prepare for trick questions like that.
    Instead of resorting to brain dumps, I decided to take 70-290 and 291
    separately. I passed them both the first try, studying the honest way.

    With all of the trick questions in some Microsoft exams, I don't blame some
    people for using brain dumps. So what should Microsoft do? Certainly
    obscure questions about little know product features isn't the answer. That
    will only increase the use of brain dumps. I think the free exam retake is a
    great idea. If people feel that the exam wasn't fair, then a free retake
    offer is better than resorting to a brain dump. Microsoft should make the
    free exam retake permanent for all exams.




    "Ravishankar.N" wrote:

    > While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    > there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    > got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    > found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    > numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.
    >
    > Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my interest
    > in getting certified in MS technologies.
    >
    > Any echoes????
     
    Dude, Mar 25, 2008
    #6
  7. Ravishankar.N

    PedroAsani Guest

    "Dude" wrote:

    > Microsoft has always discouraged the use of Brain Dumps. I think new exams
    > are pretty fair. As exams mature, Microsoft has to make the exams more
    > difficult by increasing the passing score and adding more difficult questions
    > to counter the brain dumps. Soon the Microsoft exams get so difficult that
    > even studying from one of Microsoft's own MOC books isn't enough to pass the
    > exam.
    >
    > I felt this way after failing the 70-292 exam twice. This exam was loaded
    > with 'curve ball' trick questions not covered in most study materials. A
    > brain dump wound have been the only to prepare for trick questions like that.
    > Instead of resorting to brain dumps, I decided to take 70-290 and 291
    > separately. I passed them both the first try, studying the honest way.
    >
    > With all of the trick questions in some Microsoft exams, I don't blame some
    > people for using brain dumps. So what should Microsoft do? Certainly
    > obscure questions about little know product features isn't the answer. That
    > will only increase the use of brain dumps. I think the free exam retake is a
    > great idea. If people feel that the exam wasn't fair, then a free retake
    > offer is better than resorting to a brain dump. Microsoft should make the
    > free exam retake permanent for all exams.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Ravishankar.N" wrote:
    >
    > > While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    > > there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    > > got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    > > found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    > > numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.
    > >
    > > Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my interest
    > > in getting certified in MS technologies.
    > >
    > > Any echoes????
     
    PedroAsani, Mar 28, 2008
    #7
  8. Ravishankar.N

    deepak Guest

    When i was in college or in school i used dumps or sovled paper. to prepare
    my exam, and u have think that without study dump the is clered never budy
    never.





    "Ravmishankar.N" wrote:

    > While there are people who are getting certified the hard and honest way,
    > there are people who just go the shortcut and the sad thing is, i recently
    > got certified MCTS without dumps and while going thorugh a community site
    > found a a .rar file with the exact questions (believe me the exact Qs and
    > numbers), just made me feel the worst for all the hard work i did.
    >
    > Is Microsoft cert team and prometric doing something? I'm losing my interest
    > in getting certified in MS technologies.
    >
    > Any echoes????
     
    deepak, Apr 3, 2008
    #8
  9. Ravishankar.N

    Arsalan khan Guest

    i m a student of Microsft MCSE n i would like 2 take a exam so plz help me
    how can i take da examz...to MCSE reply Soon
     
    Arsalan khan, Apr 26, 2008
    #9
  10. Ravishankar.N

    John R Guest

    "Arsalan khan" <Arsalan > wrote in message
    news:...
    >i m a student of Microsft MCSE n i would like 2 take a exam so plz help me
    > how can i take da examz...to MCSE reply Soon


    www.prometric.com
     
    John R, Apr 26, 2008
    #10
  11. yaar jhan pe exam bhara hai bha pe ja

    "Arsalan khan" wrote:

    > i m a student of Microsft MCSE n i would like 2 take a exam so plz help me
    > how can i take da examz...to MCSE reply Soon
     
    jaggi saini chd., May 12, 2008
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Obaid
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,681
    Obaid
    Oct 5, 2009
  2. Obaid
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,576
    Obaid
    Oct 5, 2009
  3. Obaid
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,564
    Obaid
    Oct 5, 2009
  4. obaidjee

    !!! Easy Tips to become an Hardware Expert !!!

    obaidjee, Oct 5, 2009, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    938
    obaidjee
    Oct 5, 2009
  5. shilla
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,793
    DasFox
    Jan 22, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page