    I worked really hard for MCAD and now I am considering not going for MCSD
    because my limited experience employers might think I cheated!....this is
    terrible.
    Sean, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Sean

    EggHead Guest

    haha,

    It only cheating if u get caught :)

    Sorry to hear that; However, if you know people in the field, and they can
    land you a jr position, you should do the MCSD. Once you have exp, no one
    will think you are paper MCSD anymore :)

    Egghead

    EggHead, Jul 12, 2005

  3. July 13, 2005

    Unfortunately it is very prevalent. You must be very careful in which
    study materials you use. As hard as it is to believe, I have read 15 books
    and over 8400 pages in my studies, so I don't have a big problem with
    that..... :) Good luck!

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer

    Web Site: http://71.39.42.23
    Static IP

    Joseph Bittman MCAD, Jul 13, 2005
  4. As with any form of cert that uses multiple guess, there will be cheating. It
    is prevalent enough that certification is not regarded as highly. Employers
    will still hire a certified individual over a non-certified, provided they
    are both at the same level of experience, but experience wins out in the
    early stages of the game.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Sean

    Roger Guest

    No matter what else think, it is how you feel about it.
    doesn't matter If you cheat or not, what matter is what you know before or
    after the certificate.

    Roger

    Roger, Jul 20, 2005