    2-3 of their staff before it was resolved.
    I thought setting up MX records was a simple and common task for hosting
    companies.... :-/

    XPD, May 6, 2006

  2. XPD

    Chris Hope Guest

    XPD wrote:

    > Anyone know anything about cheaphosting.co.nz or are using them ?
    > Whats your experience been like ?
    > I know someone who has signed up with them to hold website etc...
    > however when cheaphosting were contacted to modify the MX records so
    > my friend can
    > use their own exchange server, CH didnt seem to have a clue how to
    > set it up..... took multiple emails to get it sorted and even then it
    > went through 2-3 of their staff before it was resolved.
    > I thought setting up MX records was a simple and common task for
    > hosting companies.... :-/

    It is very easy to set up and adjust MX records.

    Chris Hope, May 7, 2006

  3. XPD

    thingy Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > Anyone know anything about cheaphosting.co.nz or are using them ? Whats your
    > experience been like ?
    > I know someone who has signed up with them to hold website etc... however
    > when cheaphosting were contacted to modify the MX records so my friend can
    > use their own exchange server, CH didnt seem to have a clue how to set it
    > up..... took multiple emails to get it sorted and even then it went through
    > 2-3 of their staff before it was resolved.
    > I thought setting up MX records was a simple and common task for hosting
    > companies.... :-/

    Yes it is, the better ones give you a web based gui so you can do it
    yourself. If these guys are so clueless that cannot change a MX record
    then nothing is safe with them.....probably dont even know how to do a
    tape backup....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, May 7, 2006
  4. XPD

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 7 May 2006 10:36:42 +1200, "XPD" <....nz>
    exclaimed:

    >Anyone know anything about cheaphosting.co.nz or are using them ? Whats your
    >experience been like ?
    >I know someone who has signed up with them to hold website etc... however
    >when cheaphosting were contacted to modify the MX records so my friend can
    >use their own exchange server, CH didnt seem to have a clue how to set it
    >up..... took multiple emails to get it sorted and even then it went through
    >2-3 of their staff before it was resolved.
    >I thought setting up MX records was a simple and common task for hosting
    >companies.... :-/

    It's all in the name.

    Sadly, their hosting is SLOW.

    Fred Dagg, May 7, 2006
  5. XPD

    Richard Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:

    > It's all in the name.
    >
    > Sadly, their hosting is SLOW.

    Its not even that cheap - there 20 meg account is twice what I paid for 500 megs
    at 650.co.nz - same price if paid monthly but I prefer paying small things once
    a year instead of having to worry about it every month.

    Richard, May 7, 2006
  6. XPD

    Vista Guest

    "XPD" <....nz> wrote in message
    > Anyone know anything about cheaphosting.co.nz or are using them ? Whats
    > your experience been like ?
    > I know someone who has signed up with them to hold website etc... however
    > when cheaphosting were contacted to modify the MX records so my friend can
    > use their own exchange server, CH didnt seem to have a clue how to set it
    > up..... took multiple emails to get it sorted and even then it went
    > through 2-3 of their staff before it was resolved.
    > I thought setting up MX records was a simple and common task for hosting
    > companies.... :-/

    As they say, pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Looks like overloaded overseas
    webhosting to me, very slow to load. I will only only host my website on NZ
    servers these days, and only on a network that divides the different
    services onto different servers, which I have found to be far more reliable.

    Vista, May 8, 2006