  1. Barg

    Barg Guest

    Any suggestions...?
    Barg, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Barg

    Rob Guest

    "Barg" <> wrote in message
    news:tHAfd.23267$...
    > Any suggestions...?

    Cheapest usually equals bad serice, and a large amount of server downtime,
    plus over loaded server. You get what you pay for with hosting.
    Rob, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Rob wrote:
    >>Any suggestions...?

    > Cheapest usually equals bad serice, and a large amount of server downtime,
    > plus over loaded server. You get what you pay for with hosting.

    you get what you pay for with practically everything... yes there are
    exceptions, but as a generalisation, it works.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Barg

    RT Guest

    > Barg wrote:
    >> Any suggestions...?

    > Orcons freehost service.
    > You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent seen
    > that anywhere

    Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?
    RT, Oct 27, 2004
  6. RT wrote:
    >>>Any suggestions...?

    >>Orcons freehost service.
    >>You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent seen
    >>that anywhere

    > Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?

    dont think so.
    is that one of the requirements?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Barg

    RT Guest

    >>>Orcons freehost service.
    >>>You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent
    >>>seen that anywhere

    >> Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?

    > dont think so.
    > is that one of the requirements?

    I'm just asking because I'd like to know.
    RT, Oct 27, 2004
  8. RT wrote:
    >>>Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?

    >>dont think so.
    >>is that one of the requirements?

    > I'm just asking because I'd like to know.

    I doubt it, it's free for a reason.
    mine does.
    www.synaptic.net.nz although webhosting isn't mentioned on there yet.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  9. Barg

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Barg wrote:
    > Any suggestions...?

    I use Kiwiwebhost. Not the cheapest but still cheap, PHP+SQL etc. and good
    support.

    http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz
    Nik Coughin, Oct 27, 2004
  10. Barg

    Phil Guest

    "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Barg wrote:
    > > Any suggestions...?

    > I use Kiwiwebhost. Not the cheapest but still cheap, PHP+SQL etc. and

    good
    > support.
    >
    > http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz

    Apparently they have now been taken over by iserve. Not sure if it will
    continue exactly they way it is, as iserve have their own hosting console.
    Phil, Oct 27, 2004
  11. Barg

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > Apparently they have now been taken over by iserve. Not sure if it
    > will continue exactly they way it is, as iserve have their own
    > hosting console.

    Some correspondence between myself and Kiwiwebhost:

    >>> What are the implications of your being bought out by iServe?
    >>>

    >> Hi,
    >> There are no implications, iSERVE has a larger support staff base so
    >> you can enjoy a higher level of support and more technical staff to
    >> ensure
    >> your web sites are operating.
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > OK, thanks, but will my hosting plans all remain the same, that is, I
    > won't be moved onto an equivalent iServe plan? The same plans that you
    > offer now, will they continue to be available? I sign all of my web design
    > clients up with Kiwiwebhost. I'll still have cPanel instead of iServe's
    > custom management software, things like that?
    > Cheers.

    Hi,
    Thats right, everything will remain the same - they are seperate companies
    with seperate product offers. Your plans will not change, and the price
    will not change. You will still get to use cPanel :)
    Cheers.
    Nik Coughin, Oct 27, 2004
  12. Barg

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:10:13 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Rob wrote:
    >>>Any suggestions...?

    >> Cheapest usually equals bad serice, and a large amount of server downtime,
    >> plus over loaded server. You get what you pay for with hosting.

    > you get what you pay for with practically everything... yes there are
    > exceptions, but as a generalisation, it works.

    Finding the exceptions is the trick eh?
    Gordon, Oct 27, 2004
  13. Barg

    Stewbaby Guest

    Barg <> wrote in message news:<tHAfd.23267$>...
    > Any suggestions...?

    Your PC?

    Your neighbour's PC?

    Your ISP?

    A free webhost (like homestead or geocities, etc.)

    They are all fiscally neutral (i.e. free!)
    Stewbaby, Oct 27, 2004
  14. Barg

    EMB Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:
    > Barg wrote:
    >
    >>Any suggestions...?

    > I use Kiwiwebhost. Not the cheapest but still cheap, PHP+SQL etc. and good
    > support.
    >
    > http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz

    http://www.kiwihosting.net.nz/hosting_prices_nz.asp

    Cheap, and so far working well for a couple of domains that I wanted to
    get working for minimal cost (and the Linux Enhanced plan seems to
    support 5 not 3 domains).

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Oct 27, 2004
  15. Barg

    Barg Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Barg wrote:
    >> Any suggestions...?

    > Orcons freehost service.
    > You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent
    > seen that anywhere

    And the cheapest WITHOUT the ads...?
    Barg, Oct 27, 2004
  16. Barg

    Mike_P Guest

    "Barg" <> wrote in message
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Barg wrote:
    >>> Any suggestions...?

    >> Orcons freehost service.
    >> You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent
    >> seen that anywhere
    >>

    > And the cheapest WITHOUT the ads...?

    Umm... there aren't any ads on the Orcon freehost service are there ?
    Mike_P, Oct 27, 2004
  17. Barg

    Toxickiwi Guest

    try,

    myhost.co.nz

    the have php, mysql, & cpanel

    Toxickiwi, Oct 27, 2004
  18. Barg

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Barg said the following on 27/10/2004 12:04:
    > Any suggestions...?

    Cheap web hosting almost always means best effort only no care. It also
    usually is limited in the number of concurrent connections.

    --
    He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.
    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    Collector_NZ, Oct 27, 2004
  19. Barg

    Paul Guest

    Barg wrote:
    > Any suggestions...?

    We need more information.

    What are your needs?

    How much space?

    How much traffic?

    ASP? PHP? mySQL? NZ based?
    Paul, Oct 27, 2004
  20. Barg wrote:
    >>>Any suggestions...?

    >>Orcons freehost service.
    >>You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent
    >>seen that anywhere

    > And the cheapest WITHOUT the ads...?

    orcons freehost, there are no ads there.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004