    Is there a way to add a hand strap to EOS 10D without buying the battery
    grip BG-ED3?
    Canon solution, 3rd party, or even home brew solution are welcome.

    peter, Jul 14, 2003

  2. "peter" <> wrote in message
    news:ISBQa.24518$...
    > Is there a way to add a hand strap to EOS 10D without buying the battery
    > grip BG-ED3?
    > Canon solution, 3rd party, or even home brew solution are welcome.

    This might do you :

    http://www.optechusa.com/security.htm#SECURITY STRAPS

    Regards,
    Brian

    Brian McMahon, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Everybody that owns a 10D needs a Big Ed. :)

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 14, 2003
  4. peter

    Don Coon Guest

    "Randall Ainsworth" <> wrote in message
    > Everybody that owns a 10D needs a Big Ed. :)

    Why?

    Don Coon, Jul 14, 2003
  5. peter

    > I was half joking. But you get twice the battery power, it's got a
    > nice release if you do a lot of verticals, and adds substantial weight
    > for increased stability. They're not cheap but less than a comparable
    > grip for the D-100, for example.

    Glad you were half joking. I've never felt the need for twice the battery
    power nor the urge to make this camera any bulkier ; )

    Don Coon, Jul 15, 2003
  6. peter

    John M Guest

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

    > "Randall Ainsworth" <> wrote in message
    > > I was half joking. But you get twice the battery power, it's got a
    > > nice release if you do a lot of verticals, and adds substantial weight
    > > for increased stability. They're not cheap but less than a comparable
    > > grip for the D-100, for example.

    > Glad you were half joking. I've never felt the need for twice the battery
    > power nor the urge to make this camera any bulkier ; )

    Me neither - I find it to be quite heavy even without the grip. And I have
    no problem with balance even on my heaviest lens (24-70L). Of course I have
    to admit I've never tried Big Ed, so I shouldn't knock it. OTOH, I can say
    with all certainty that I don't need the extra battery life. I just have 2
    batteries that I rotate, and that works great for me. I can take hundreds
    of photos on a single charge. If you buy the Big Ed, then you need at least
    4 batteries (and probably 2 chargers) to make it convenient. Sounds like
    more hassle than it would be worth for me.

    John M, Jul 15, 2003
  7. > Me neither - I find it to be quite heavy even without the grip. And I have
    > no problem with balance even on my heaviest lens (24-70L). Of course I have
    > to admit I've never tried Big Ed, so I shouldn't knock it. OTOH, I can say
    > with all certainty that I don't need the extra battery life. I just have 2
    > batteries that I rotate, and that works great for me. I can take hundreds
    > of photos on a single charge. If you buy the Big Ed, then you need at least
    > 4 batteries (and probably 2 chargers) to make it convenient. Sounds like
    > more hassle than it would be worth for me.

    I just have 2 batteries - the one that came with it and a generic I got
    for half price. I don't mind the extra weight at all. Much better
    than those little plastic credit card sized things that have no weight
    at all.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 15, 2003
  8. > So what do you do when your batteries run out? Or do you charge them up
    > after every use? Do you have 2 chargers? I've always wondered how people
    > operate with BigEd. I usually just pop my used up battery into the charger
    > before I go to bed, and pull it out in the morning.

    I haven't used the camera long enough in one session to get the
    batteries run down. And I don't use the camera every day.

    So, last Friday was the last day I used it. I'm hoping to get out
    tomorrow if the weather permits. If so, I'll pop each battery in the
    charger to top it off...should take less than an hour for the two of
    them.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 15, 2003