    Brian Guest

    Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?

    TIA.
    Brian, Jul 4, 2007

  2. Brian

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian <> wrote:

    >Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?
    >
    >TIA.

    Peak times : voipcheap.com
    Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    not earth shattering is it!
    You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
    it.
    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---
    Brian A, Jul 4, 2007

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian <> wrote:
    >
    >>Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?
    >>
    >>TIA.

    >Peak times : voipcheap.com
    >Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    >not earth shattering is it!

    The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

    >You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
    >it.

    and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
    wait, and then dialing the number you really want!
    Brian, Jul 4, 2007
  4. Brian

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:27:00 GMT, Brian <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?
    >>>
    >>>TIA.

    >>Peak times : voipcheap.com
    >>Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    >>not earth shattering is it!

    >The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

    Well voipcheap.com are the same price at all times ( about 9p/min I
    think) but voip.co.uk aren't. Looks like I was wrong about the 5p -
    gone up to 7p/min - not very good for a weekend call.
    Destination Type Price Day/eve/We
    Vodafone Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    T-Mobile Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    O2 Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    Orange Mobile 15p/10p/8p
    Virgin Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    Three Mobile 25p/17p/5p
    Other Mobile 25p/17p/13p

    >>You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
    >>it.

    >and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
    >wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

    Can still use a orchid dialler box if you wanted though.

    ---

    Brian A, Jul 4, 2007
  5. Brian wrote:
    > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?
    >>>
    >>> TIA.

    >> Peak times : voipcheap.com
    >> Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    >> not earth shattering is it!

    > The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.
    >
    >> You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
    >> it.

    > and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
    > wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

    It's what I do from time to time, you live with it.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 4, 2007
  6. Brian

    News Reader Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?
    >>>
    >>>TIA.

    >>Peak times : voipcheap.com
    >>Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    >>not earth shattering is it!

    > The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.
    >
    >>You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
    >>it.

    > and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
    > wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

    Surely it is a pretty minor rather than awful and relatively short long
    windedness...? Compare to a few years ago, waiting for a pulse dialling
    equipment to punch out each and every number and then probably get it wrong
    or fail because of user impatience! lol

    Also - pre-program the access number, including a pause at the end, and with
    most modern cordless phones you can either pre-dial the rest of the number
    or, your choice, whilst it starts dialling the access number pump in the
    actual destination number and before you are done, it will have caught up
    and you will be being connected in real time.

    To be fair, that is actually no bother at all.

    Method A
    =======

    1 - > Choose 1899 Memory Dial
    2 - > Continue to dial target number which gets added to the end of the dial
    string
    3 - > Hit green, wait a few seconds -> all done

    Method B
    =======

    1 - > Choose 1899 Memory Dial
    2 - > Hit green
    3 - > Continue to dial target number
    4 - > By the time you finish dialling the target number the system will have
    caught up to you and you will be together in real time so you will connect
    the second you finish dialling the actual end target number

    :)

    Hope that helps.

    Works very well and as I say, very swiftly becomes completely fluid and is
    actually kind of fun. Knowing that so simply yet effectively you are
    achieving good telecoms savings, etc. through the joy of "routing", etc.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Jul 4, 2007
  7. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:41:29 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:27:00 GMT, Brian <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Peak times : voipcheap.com
    >>>Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    >>>not earth shattering is it!

    >>The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

    >Well voipcheap.com are the same price at all times ( about 9p/min I
    >think) but voip.co.uk aren't. Looks like I was wrong about the 5p -
    >gone up to 7p/min - not very good for a weekend call.
    >Destination Type Price Day/eve/We
    >Vodafone Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >T-Mobile Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >O2 Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >Orange Mobile 15p/10p/8p
    >Virgin Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >Three Mobile 25p/17p/5p
    >Other Mobile 25p/17p/13p
    >>
    >>>You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
    >>>it.

    >>and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
    >>wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

    >Can still use a orchid dialler box if you wanted though.

    Now I'm back with BT I suppose the 18185/1899 service will do, as long
    as I set up a DD to stop them stuffing up my card payments and
    blocking me a few days each month.
    Brian, Jul 4, 2007
  8. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:09:40 GMT, "News Reader" <>
    wrote:

    >"Brian" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Peak times : voipcheap.com
    >>>Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    >>>not earth shattering is it!

    >> The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.
    >>
    >>>You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
    >>>it.

    >> and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
    >> wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

    >Surely it is a pretty minor rather than awful and relatively short long
    >windedness...? Compare to a few years ago, waiting for a pulse dialling
    >equipment to punch out each and every number and then probably get it wrong
    >or fail because of user impatience! lol
    >
    >Also - pre-program the access number, including a pause at the end, and with
    >most modern cordless phones you can either pre-dial the rest of the number
    >or, your choice, whilst it starts dialling the access number pump in the
    >actual destination number and before you are done, it will have caught up
    >and you will be being connected in real time.
    >
    >To be fair, that is actually no bother at all.
    >

    >Method A
    >=======
    >
    >1 - > Choose 1899 Memory Dial
    >2 - > Continue to dial target number which gets added to the end of the dial
    >string
    >3 - > Hit green, wait a few seconds -> all done
    >
    >Method B
    >=======
    >
    >1 - > Choose 1899 Memory Dial
    >2 - > Hit green
    >3 - > Continue to dial target number
    >4 - > By the time you finish dialling the target number the system will have
    >caught up to you and you will be together in real time so you will connect
    >the second you finish dialling the actual end target number
    >
    >:)
    >

    >Hope that helps.

    Fine if you're not senile! lol

    >Works very well and as I say, very swiftly becomes completely fluid and is
    >actually kind of fun. Knowing that so simply yet effectively you are
    >achieving good telecoms savings, etc. through the joy of "routing", etc.

    Trouble is there are three of us here, and each requires a separate
    service, and I have to run it all!!

    Anyway back to BT and just use the orchid dialers now :)
    Brian, Jul 4, 2007
  9. Brian

    GymRatZ Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > Well voipcheap.com are the same price at all times ( about 9p/min I
    > think)

    Voipcheap.com call to mobile 22'24" = 2.19 Euro Inc 19% VAT

    2.19 Euro = £1.478 = approx. 6.5p / minute all in, any time any day, any
    network.
    voipcheap.com charge by the minute, lots of others charge by the second,
    but you'd have to be making _very_ short calls to make any significant
    saving over voipcheap.com

    HTH
    Pete
    --
    http://www.gymratz.co.uk - the nations favourite Gym Equipment supplier.
    http://www.water-Rower.co.uk - We'll give you a 10% discount if you ask!
    GymRatZ, Jul 4, 2007
  10. Brian

    News Reader Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:09:40 GMT, "News Reader" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Brian" <> wrote in message

    >>> The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

    >>> and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
    >>> wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

    >>Surely it is a pretty minor rather than awful and relatively short long
    >>windedness...? Compare to a few years ago, waiting for a pulse dialling
    >>equipment to punch out each and every number and then probably get it
    >>wrong
    >>or fail because of user impatience! lol
    >>
    >>Also - pre-program the access number, including a pause at the end, and
    >>with
    >>most modern cordless phones you can either pre-dial the rest of the number
    >>or, your choice, whilst it starts dialling the access number pump in the
    >>actual destination number and before you are done, it will have caught up
    >>and you will be being connected in real time.
    >>
    >>To be fair, that is actually no bother at all.
    >>

    >>Method A
    >>=======
    >>
    >>1 - > Choose 1899 Memory Dial
    >>2 - > Continue to dial target number which gets added to the end of the
    >>dial
    >>string
    >>3 - > Hit green, wait a few seconds -> all done
    >>
    >>Method B
    >>=======
    >>
    >>1 - > Choose 1899 Memory Dial
    >>2 - > Hit green
    >>3 - > Continue to dial target number
    >>4 - > By the time you finish dialling the target number the system will
    >>have
    >>caught up to you and you will be together in real time so you will connect
    >>the second you finish dialling the actual end target number
    >>
    >>:)
    >>

    >>Hope that helps.

    > Fine if you're not senile! lol
    >
    >>Works very well and as I say, very swiftly becomes completely fluid and is
    >>actually kind of fun. Knowing that so simply yet effectively you are
    >>achieving good telecoms savings, etc. through the joy of "routing", etc.
    >>

    > Trouble is there are three of us here, and each requires a separate
    > service, and I have to run it all!!
    >
    > Anyway back to BT and just use the orchid dialers now :)

    Good stuff Brian.

    Hope it all goes nicely and cheaply, etc. :)

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Jul 4, 2007
  11. Brian

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Brian A writes
    >On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:27:00 GMT, Brian <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Peak times : voipcheap.com
    >>>Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
    >>>not earth shattering is it!

    >>The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

    >Well voipcheap.com are the same price at all times ( about 9p/min I
    >think) but voip.co.uk aren't. Looks like I was wrong about the 5p -
    >gone up to 7p/min - not very good for a weekend call.
    >Destination Type Price Day/eve/We
    >Vodafone Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >T-Mobile Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >O2 Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >Orange Mobile 15p/10p/8p
    >Virgin Mobile 15p/10p/7p
    >Three Mobile 25p/17p/5p
    >Other Mobile 25p/17p/13p

    Their residential rates are 15p/10p/5p. See:
    http://www.voip.co.uk/res_products.html
    David Floyd, Jul 5, 2007